wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Fallschirmjäger Forum

Fallschirmjäger Forum Paratrooper Badges, documents, photographs, headgear, uniforms, history, research, insignia and field gear.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 06:49 PM   #61
bsrmilitaria
Association Member

This has been an interesting read. Javard I truly hope you get your money back - whilst some of the comments here may be quite abrupt, I do applaud you for standing your ground and giving some reasoning for your train of thought. A lot of people come here and just say "Real or Fake?". So I hope this has helped you learn in some ways.

Let us know what the Original Seller says!

Old 01-26-2018, 06:50 PM   #62
Willi Z.

Mark, I just found the ad but could not open it. I did recognize the carpet! And yes, all the other items, on that same carpet, are fake as well and not cheap.

Preußens Gloria!

"All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason." - Immanuel Kant

Old 01-26-2018, 07:21 PM   #63
Gene
Lifetime Member

Who authenticated the helmet, from whom did you purchase the helmet, was an inspection period given, and if you don't mind, how much did you pay?

Old 01-26-2018, 07:30 PM   #64
javard
Association Member

Hi Willi
I should have stated out of the two close up pics of the eagle, one of them is mine and the other one is from Germanhelmetvault and the decal is on a reissued M37, the very early type with the external strap slots at the bottom. The site says that the bolts were retrofitted with M38 bolts as an M38 liner was retrofitted and also that the original rivets were removed. That is why the bolt and bolt recesses look completely different because they are. You can see this is so if you go to that site and look in the FJ section. I hope me using that as an example has not clouded and confused things as I was just trying to compare that original decal with the decal on mine. Thank you

Old 01-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #65
Willi Z.

The bolts used in the upgrading of both the M36 (which I have in my collection) and the M37 with a M38 bolt and liner assembly, are the same.

Anyhow, I have had enough. You always have something to say, yet you don't appear to acknowledge, or respect for that matter, what others are trying to do for you.

And when you consider you were asking about 15 times what you paid for this POS, my sympathy has passed the fatigue phase.

Thread closed.

Preußens Gloria!

"All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason." - Immanuel Kant

Closed Thread