wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Heer Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Heer Uniforms and Insignia Forum Uniforms, insignias and armbands.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:17 AM   #46
dagoromagna
Association Member

I sold the tunic to Hans.
I saw the discussion, that started well about the tunic, and seems that the straps are judged fakes.
I proposed Hans the tunic as I'm quitting cloth Collecting beacuse focusing only on helmets and because he liked that tunic from the first time I posted on a European Militaria Forum, I sent Hans the photos, he paid in a layaway so he had plenty of time to judge the tunic.
I told him about what I judged a reapplied eagle (I know about helmets, not cloth)and I wouldn't have any problem saying about the straps...If I knew that!
I didn't care about vetting the straps, or the tunic (my fault maybe...) when I bought the tunic.
As far as the straps: the late war wool backing for me is perfectly normal instead of the tropical one because this is not a tropical tunic.
This is a late war 1943 Southern Front tunic...they never met Afrika.
I saw photos of troops in Italy or France with regular field gray straps on these tunics. I will search them.
As for the Members saying that is similar to a well known fake they should at least show those clear fakes to compare...and show clear originals to compare.
But if they say so, should be like that, I assume.
But could be fair for all and educative to show examples.
I will help Hans finding out where the tunic was originally obtained, but It's difficult the years passing and the items going from Collector to Collector.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:40 AM   #47
dagoromagna
Association Member

These are for sale on the net, Transport waffenfarbe, described like that:

"Ribbed, olive/tan cotton construction slip on shoulder straps with subdued golden tan rayon diamond patterned, NCO’s tress to all but the slip on ends and light blue rayon waffenfarbe piping. Complete and in excellent condition."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg H058471full.jpg (49.2 KB, 45 views)

Old 01-21-2018, 08:00 AM   #48
90th Light
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagoromagna View Post
These are for sale on the net, Transport waffenfarbe, described like that:

"Ribbed, olive/tan cotton construction slip on shoulder straps with subdued golden tan rayon diamond patterned, NCO’s tress to all but the slip on ends and light blue rayon waffenfarbe piping. Complete and in excellent condition."
The Rayon piping on the tropical boards that you show in post number 47, is completely different to the Basket weave piping on the boards from the tunic that started this thread.

Rayon piping is seen on a lot of original tropical boards that were brought back from Afrika 41-43 and Italy 43-45,

Chris