wehrmacht awards

Old 11-30-2017, 06:23 AM   #46
Железный
Member
 
Железный is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Russia
Posts: 711
Default

Or do you have a tools for every prongs?
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2017, 06:54 AM   #47
Antonio Scapini
Moderator and Forum Sponsor
 
Antonio Scapini's Avatar
 
Antonio Scapini is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Italy
Posts: 8,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Железный View Post
What are you talking about? What bending machines? The trace from the instrument would be on all 4 prongs in different places.
Bending machine usually DOESN'T leave any trace. But it could happened that sometimes flaws of the banding process are visible.
Anyway IMO this is not the case.
Signs on prongs are left from the trimming process.

Again: all what can be asserted without proff, can be dismissed without proof. Your opinion about the production made only from Orth can be dismissed since it has no real solid proof. For the same reason my opinion is that those shield were prodeced from Schickle and (maybe) Orth bought them. And my opinion is like yours: without proof (and so it can be dismissed easily).
__________________

My books:


- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
- THE SS TK RING
- THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
- THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
- THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!


  Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2017, 07:52 AM   #48
Pascal H.
Moderator
 
Pascal H.'s Avatar
 
Pascal H. is offline
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Belgium, Europe Lifetime Member #036
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Железный View Post
What are you talking about? What bending machines? The trace from the instrument would be on all 4 prongs in different places.
Ok, what is in your opinion the production process of the Krim shields from beginning to end?

Kr
Pascal
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2017, 08:01 AM   #49
Железный
Member
 
Железный is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Russia
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal H. View Post
Ok, what is in your opinion the production process of the Krim shields from beginning to end?

Kr
Pascal
I communicate with you through an electronic Google translator. Due to translation difficulties, it may not be understanding. You can write your opinion on how it happened, but I will add or agree with you.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2017, 08:58 AM   #50
Pascal H.
Moderator
 
Pascal H.'s Avatar
 
Pascal H. is offline
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Belgium, Europe Lifetime Member #036
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Железный View Post
I communicate with you through an electronic Google translator. Due to translation difficulties, it may not be understanding. You can write your opinion on how it happened, but I will add or agree with you.
I have no problems with Google translate. We understood you during all this thread so I don't see any reason why not now. I don't think it is fair to return the question as you made it very clear that you have clear opinion on how this process was done.

Kr
Pascal
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2017, 12:46 PM   #51
Железный
Member
 
Железный is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Russia
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal H. View Post
I have no problems with Google translate. We understood you during all this thread so I don't see any reason why not now. I don't think it is fair to return the question as you made it very clear that you have clear opinion on how this process was done.

Kr
Pascal
OK.
1. Cutting the shield blank
2. The main stamp
3. A die-cut stamp for stumping excess (just the traces from it we see in this topic)
4. Soldering the mustache, if they were not lateral.
5. Degreasing and electroplating.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 03:56 AM   #52
Pascal H.
Moderator
 
Pascal H.'s Avatar
 
Pascal H. is offline
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Belgium, Europe Lifetime Member #036
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Железный View Post
OK.
1. Cutting the shield blank
2. The main stamp
3. A die-cut stamp for stumping excess (just the traces from it we see in this topic)
4. Soldering the mustache, if they were not lateral.
5. Degreasing and electroplating.

I agree with you as this is the most plausible explanation on how the shields were made.
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 03:58 AM   #53
Pascal H.
Moderator
 
Pascal H.'s Avatar
 
Pascal H. is offline
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Belgium, Europe Lifetime Member #036
Posts: 5,739
Default

I have been studying the in this thread discussed shields from my own collection. Studying shields personally and in hand is always so much better as on pictures.

I came to the following conclusions:

The back plate on the FO Krim shield, the unmarked Krim shield and the Kuban shield have the exactly same shape and dimensions. The only conclusion must be that these back plates came from the same cutting machine.

All three shields have the exact same shape and measurements, the only conclusion must be that all these shields have been cut/trimmed by the same machine.

Early FO Krim shields do not have this die flaw in the tabs which indicate that this die flaw developed later on during production by FO.

This is the unmarked Krim shield and the Kuban shield from which I compared the die flaw in the tab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Krim.jpg (194.5 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg Kuban1.jpg (168.2 KB, 269 views)
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 03:59 AM   #54
Pascal H.
Moderator
 
Pascal H.'s Avatar
 
Pascal H. is offline
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Belgium, Europe Lifetime Member #036
Posts: 5,739
Default

This is a close up of the die flaw in the tab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tabs.jpg (147.2 KB, 297 views)
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 04:00 AM   #55
Pascal H.
Moderator
 
Pascal H.'s Avatar
 
Pascal H. is offline
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Belgium, Europe Lifetime Member #036
Posts: 5,739
Default

After studying these three shield carefully I agree with Железный and that it is also my opinion that it is very likely that all three shields were made by Friedrich Orth.

Kr
Pascal
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 05:00 AM   #56
Железный
Member
 
Железный is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Russia
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal H. View Post
After studying these three shield carefully I agree with Железный and that it is also my opinion that it is very likely that all three shields were made by Friedrich Orth.

Kr
Pascal
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 06:51 AM   #57
Ponomarev
Member
 
Ponomarev's Avatar
 
Ponomarev is offline
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Woronez, Russia
Posts: 225
Default

Perfect thread, Железный !!!
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 09:23 AM   #58
Железный
Member
 
Железный is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Russia
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponomarev View Post
Perfect thread, Железный !!!
Thank you
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 09:26 AM   #59
Antonio Scapini
Moderator and Forum Sponsor
 
Antonio Scapini's Avatar
 
Antonio Scapini is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Italy
Posts: 8,848
Default

Again: this is an excellent thread, and I agree that we could link this production to Orth, but we cannot say for sure it was Orth.
The best we can do is to say "attributable" to Orth. As far as I know we don't know if Orth stopped his production and another maker bought the trimming machine from him... Or what happened.
IMO more solid evidences are needed that some trimming signs (and of course measurements, since the trimming machine was the same).
__________________

My books:


- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
- THE SS TK RING
- THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
- THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
- THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!


  Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2017, 10:18 AM   #60
Железный
Member
 
Железный is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Russia
Posts: 711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Scapini View Post
Again: this is an excellent thread, and I agree that we could link this production to Orth, but we cannot say for sure it was Orth.
The best we can do is to say "attributable" to Orth. As far as I know we don't know if Orth stopped his production and another maker bought the trimming machine from him... Or what happened.
IMO more solid evidences are needed that some trimming signs (and of course measurements, since the trimming machine was the same).
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...0&postcount=17
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...2&postcount=14
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com