wehrmacht awards

clasp
Old 04-17-2007, 10:28 PM   #16
wurfmine

Default clasp

Denny, you are and always have been a stand up guy. You've helped me in this hobby more times than I can count. This is not your fault, i should have done my homework.

Thank you, Mark

Thanks
Old 04-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #17
DennyB
Association Member

Default Thanks

I appreciate the accolades but I simply try to treat people as I would want to be treated. 15 or 20 years ago this hobby wasn't as big as it is now and reference books were hard to find. Fortunately now we have books readily available and a forum like this that will prevent so many people getting their tail feathers burned off. I appreciate this forum and am constantly amazed at the quality of some of the fakes out today. This was precisely why I was fooled on this medal, I didn't think they were made that well. It has really become a science in detecting them. Denny

Old 04-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #18
Chet Sowersby
Lifetime Member

Denny,
Sadly, not enough of us have your moral compass. You are to be highly commended for your approach to our shared hobby. I salute you sir.

Chet

Old 04-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #19
Ludwig
Association Member

Fake! Sorry!

Old 04-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #20
Thomas Durante
Forums Moderator

Denny, I too am impressed with your action, speaks very highly of you. Most people would hem and haw about taking something back a month after the transaction, let alone 15+ years! Very impressive, wish there were more guys like you in this hobby.

I sent both of you a PM on this fake CCC.

Tom

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

This one might hit the market again
Old 05-29-2019, 09:00 PM   #21
DennyB
Association Member

Default This one might hit the market again

Mark Jones "Wurfmine" never took me up on my offer of a refund so it is probably still in his collection. As most of you know, Mark passed away in January so his family is finding people to get rid of his collection to but since his collecting area was so vast, WWII, Vietnam Special Forces, weapons, art, music, etc. that I am not sure who will be designated to get rid of his insignia and decorations. A highly trusted dealer who is a member of this Forum has been selling some of his uniforms but I don't know if he will also be picked to sell the bulk of the TR stuff.
Just letting you know that this one might be hitting the market in case it is considered a fake good enough to fool many.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:53 AM   #22
Chet Sowersby
Lifetime Member

Denny,
Back in the day this example did fool many. There has been a lot of water under the bridge since then. Thanks to Tom two excellent books have been published. I don't believe anyone should be caught out with a "Cave Creek" special at this point in time. Just the same, thanks for the heads up concerning this CCC.

Chet