wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Cloth Headgear Forum

Cloth Headgear Forum Covers officer visor, overseas caps, field caps, and any cloth headgear.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:35 PM   #16
billbert
Association Member

i picked up one of these caps ..cant remember my source..wasnt RH..he also had a jacket and or matching greatcoat..Billbert

one of the Osprey series i believe has info pertaining to blue uniform..

Old 06-05-2019, 04:59 AM   #17
GAMS1
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertE View Post
I agree, and I appreciate attempts to provide pictures of this elusive cap in wear.

Nick, did your cap come from the same lot as mine? Same RB number? I know there was a second cap (or two) in the lot along with the overcoat and blouse.

s/f Robert
Not the same maker ...found in Germany but not the same lot .
A bit worn also , with a little trace of a cockade on the top ?
Nick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190605_115233[1].jpg (169.5 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190605_115347[1].jpg (149.2 KB, 59 views)

Old 06-05-2019, 10:45 AM   #18
RobertE
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galizien41 View Post
Robert,
There were 4 or 5 of the caps in the ebay lot that Gerard picked up. If I remember the first cap went on ebay super cheap $115- and then he got the rest. I bid on the tunic that you ended up getting.

I have never seen another of the caps, and so hard to tell from period pictures if they are those or different style or color. I think as far as insignia maybe only a cockade? Does not seem like they added too much, and not sure they followed regulations on uniforms too much. You see different volunteer tabs, heer tabs, no tabs, shields on different arms, etc...so tons of variation.

Do you have the trousers for the set?
I think the caps have enough distinctive features we can pick them out when the pictures clearly shown the lines of the cap, but agree they are hard to find and can easily be mistaken for other headgear.

Like the tunics, they seem to have any number of insignia combinations based on photos and examples I've seen in collections. I don't believe there was any enforced "norm", and regulations appear to have been treated like suggestions. It makes it a lot of fun to collect.

Gerard had a pair of trousers I would have considered legit for issue for this uniform; they were exceptionally long so as to blouse in the Cossack fashion but had some internal differences in terms of materials used, if I recall correctly.

I have two pair of German-produced NCO breeches, one of which I display with the tunic, and that works for me. They match exactly in terms of shade and have captured material used for interior construction. It's impossible to tell if they are postal or ROA, but they fill the hole for the time being (and maybe forever, given the rarity of the trousers and all components of this type uniform).

I appreciate you weighing in; that sure was a nice group when it appeared on Ebay (I think they identified it as Goerings uniform!), and also was an underbidder - it cost a heck of a lot more to buy it from Gerard but he worked with me on it.

s/f Robert

Old 06-05-2019, 10:54 AM   #19
RobertE
Association Member

Kerry, I neglected to thank you for posting the cap photo with the cockade - thank you. It appears to be the same style, but heavily creased in the center. Maybe from being stuffed in a pocket or pack?

Bill, I bet we got our caps from the same source. When I bought mine, it was being sold along with an unissued overcoat and tunic, which I picked up. I later found and traded/sold another one of the overcoats, but heavily worn.

Nick, exceedingly cool you found another one of these in a worn condition with a possible cockade shadow. I'm curious as to how widespread the issue was for these uniforms - I suspect it was localized to a few formations, based on foreign volunteer photos.

s/f Robert

Old 06-05-2019, 12:44 PM   #20
kerryboo
Association Member

Robert,
You are most welcome. I did crop out a third figure because he is somewhat fuzzy, but his hat seems to be creased in a different style, but does clearly show the metal cockade. Here it is, I hope it adds to the discussion.
Cheers, yours s&f,
Kerry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img766.jpg (119.8 KB, 52 views)

Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #21
Txrgr1911

Awesome cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk