wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Indo China Wars 1945 - 1975.

Indo China Wars 1945 - 1975. Covering, French Indo China, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, etc.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #46
jangoslegacy

Great photo shoot!!

Thanks for taking the time to post!

Mike

Old 03-29-2012, 05:11 AM   #47
cookie

Guys cheers,

In reference to the berets at DBP - the Foreign legion paras wore GREEN, and the Colonial paras wore RED. Both with the same TAP winged dagger badge. I am not entirely sure but I think by this point the Metropolitan paras of the 1er RCP who were there were again wearing RED berets too. They had previously been wearing royal blue but had been ordered by Genechef de Lattre de Tassigny to adopt the red to present a unified appeareance with their colonial comrades. They would, of course, go back to wearing royal blue during the early stages of the Algerian war. Further to the colour issue, nearly all of the berets worn at DBP were of the three-piece construction. (For reenacting purposes a modern day Russian red commando beret is an effective and cheap substitute...)

I think Skot is wearing original French TTA issue socks. They are still quite common and very cheap. I have several pairs of them. Thick and rough, of a dark tan colour.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #48
hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Guys cheers,

In reference to the berets at DBP - the Foreign legion paras wore GREEN, and the Colonial paras wore RED. Both with the same TAP winged dagger badge. I am not entirely sure but I think by this point the Metropolitan paras of the 1er RCP who were there were again wearing RED berets too. They had previously been wearing royal blue but had been ordered by Genechef de Lattre de Tassigny to adopt the red to present a unified appeareance with their colonial comrades. They would, of course, go back to wearing royal blue during the early stages of the Algerian war. Further to the colour issue, nearly all of the berets worn at DBP were of the three-piece construction. (For reenacting purposes a modern day Russian red commando beret is an effective and cheap substitute...)

I think Skot is wearing original French TTA issue socks. They are still quite common and very cheap. I have several pairs of them. Thick and rough, of a dark tan colour.
Once again cheers for the info Cookie! I got hold of a copy of the para book you recommended but my french isn't brilliant so its a slow read to say the least lol but the visual reference is brilliant! Fascinating subject though! Do you have any links of vendors for the socks?

Old 04-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #49
cookie

ebay.fr? Usually quite plentiful from a number of professional and individual vendors. I got mine from the War & Peace show at Beltring.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:53 AM   #50
TRIMAZE

hi, why post reenactors pics in this forum, with evident risk to fool the readers ? They are now on Pinterest with the only mention " french indochina war" and no indication of reenacting !
Regards.

Last edited by TRIMAZE; 09-04-2019 at 07:02 AM.

Old 09-04-2019, 04:21 PM   #51
scotty1418
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIMAZE View Post
hi, why post reenactors pics in this forum, with evident risk to fool the readers ? They are now on Pinterest with the only mention " french indochina war" and no indication of reenacting !
Regards.
Bonjour,

Pourquoi ca vous gene? Les photos sont clairement de production moderne...

Cdt

Old 09-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #52
TRIMAZE

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1418 View Post
Bonjour,

Pourquoi ca vous gene? Les photos sont clairement de production moderne...

Cdt
Et bien comme je l'ai déjà dit, ces photos sont reprises sur différents sites et ne sont jamais présentées comme des reconstitutions .
Ici, si on lit la totalité des posts, on comprend. Mais ailleurs on peut être trompé, ne serait ce que par l'utilisation du noir et blanc....
D' autres équipes de reenactors mettent un logo sur leurs photos, ce qui est plus clair à mon avis .
Cdlt.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:01 AM   #53
Beau Brummel.

That is not the fault of the original posters, but rather the idiots who in this social media obsessed age, feel its ok to steal photos and plaster them everywhere without citation to the original source. When originally posted it was made quite clear that they were re enactment photos.

It happens with real pieces too as I'm sure many collectors here will state. It's sad that we have arrived at a point where all our images need to be watermarked due to a lack of common courtesy.

Last edited by Beau Brummel.; 09-27-2019 at 05:11 AM.

Old 09-29-2019, 09:00 AM   #54
TRIMAZE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau Brummel. View Post
That is not the fault of the original posters, but rather the idiots who in this social media obsessed age, feel its ok to steal photos and plaster them everywhere without citation to the original source. When originally posted it was made quite clear that they were re enactment photos.

It happens with real pieces too as I'm sure many collectors here will state. It's sad that we have arrived at a point where all our images need to be watermarked due to a lack of common courtesy.
You are right !