wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Daggers and Edged Weapons Forum

Daggers and Edged Weapons Forum This is the corner of the site where you can talk about daggers, bayonets, swords and knifes of the Wehrmacht and related organizations.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:32 PM   #16
thebig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vet View Post
Hi Oleg,
Thanks to your photos we can observe evolution of WKC trademark in Reichsmarine period. TM on your dagger is between high neck imperial TM( nr 1 on my photos) and knight's head with WKC letters (nr 2).
Thanks for sharing.

Regards
Jakub
Hello Jakub.

That is my problem with the dagger in this thread: the logo on the blade of my M29 is an earliest WKC logo for the daggers of this pattern. The next logo was a same however with the WKC name below the knight head. Such a one like you have showed below. But these daggers have already had a crossguards with a release button. So I would said that the blade with a logo of the dagger in this thread is to late for such a crossguard. IMHO.

Best,
Oleg.

———————————————
www.kriegsmarinedolch.de
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6BB6989C-5EA4-43F9-BA6F-4958A4BEE5D6.jpeg (69.8 KB, 170 views)

Last edited by thebig; 11-07-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Old 11-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #17
thebig

I just followed the link to the auction. I meant another, later logo. Now I think the dagger in this topic is ok.
Best,
Oleg.
———————————————
www.kriegsmarinedolch.de

Last edited by thebig; 11-07-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Old 11-07-2019, 03:43 PM   #18
jimjim91607
Association Member

Dear OLEG, THEBIG, DR VET,PATRICE,CHET, BULLDOG, SERGE,

thanks for all your valuable comments !

So the question still remains, is it a keeper for my collection ?

It appears it is ?

Regards Steven.

Old 11-07-2019, 03:48 PM   #19
Mauser888

If you can live with the condition then why not?

Old 11-07-2019, 04:15 PM   #20
Mauser888

Personally the condition doesn't really fit with your ohter pieces IMHO.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:59 PM   #21
patrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vet View Post
Hi Patrice,
The crossguards without a push buton was simply a cost reduction in difficult economic times after the war. They changed the angle on the hook so that it worked both ways. I marked it in my photos.

Regards
Jakub
I get it, thanks for the info.
BTW, I wouldn't keep it because of its condition, I'm certain you can find a better one out there, they are not really all that rare.

Old 11-08-2019, 12:47 PM   #22
JohnZ

Here are my WKC trademarks from etched bayonets dated, in order, 1931, 32, 34 and 36.

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TM 1931.JPG (42.0 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg TM 1932.JPG (40.2 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg TM 1934.JPG (39.5 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg TM 1936.JPG (38.9 KB, 113 views)

Old 11-09-2019, 12:44 AM   #23
BobI
Forum Sponsor

Navy daggers are a study among themselves, Patrice has made too many rough calls to include my SS sword he improperly threatened me with and never made an apology. Nor did I appreciate the attempt at extortion which I still have the emails! Anyway, for what you paid it is a good representative example and it was cheap!!! 762 for hangers and a dagger will not happen again. The parts are worth more then that so don't stress on it. Worst case I am pretty sure all parts are original. The hangers match each other and I don't think you could lose on it if you were to sell it.
Bob

Old 11-09-2019, 01:13 AM   #24
thebig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
Here are my WKC trademarks from etched bayonets dated, in order, 1931, 32, 34 and 36.

John
Hi John,

nice pictures! Thank you very much.

Regards,
Oleg.

Old 11-09-2019, 08:26 AM   #25
patrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobI View Post
Patrice has made too many rough calls to include my SS sword he improperly threatened me with and never made an apology. Nor did I appreciate the attempt at extortion which I still have the emails!
Bob
Such stupid comments that has nothing to do with the subject being discussed here and please, do put the emails public if you wish to.
Pretty low class to put private emails on a public forum but I have nothing to hide, so go ahead if it makes you feel better.
I have never made any threats other that wanting to put the object in public eyes for discussion and WITHOUT ever telling where the artifact came from. I also said in my email that you did not deserve any bad publicity and ended my email with the following phrase, '' no hard feelings '', to me it is a type of apology.
BTW, I still think the piece you sold me is somewhat questionable but that's another story and did put my case to rest.
Concerning the Navy dagger, I have no knowledge on these and I have never collected them and never said that I was an expert. We also all make mistakes, do you remember the SS Champagne runes that you claimed high and low that they were original ? We all make mistakes Sir and I'm no different.

Old 11-09-2019, 09:13 AM   #26
BobI
Forum Sponsor

Pat,
Maybe instead of "to you", you should think how others will take something. Wanting me to pay you 950 dollars for a sword you said had problems, it had no problems. Go ahead and post it, if you think it had problems why did you consign it with a trusted dealer if you think it had problems? He never would have taken it if it had problems. Tom Witman, Hogle and the experts you ran it by before you bought it 9 years ago said it was fine. So why is it questionable?
When I make mistakes I am happy to admit it and apologize when appropriate, go through this forum and you can find examples. Your apology was only understood by you!
Bob

Old 11-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #27
patrice

Quote:
Pat,
Maybe instead of "to you", you should think how others will take something. Wanting me to pay you 950 dollars for a sword you said had problems, it had no problems. Go ahead and post it, if you think it had problems why did you consign it with a trusted dealer if you think it had problems? He never would have taken it if it had problems. Tom Witman, Hogle and the experts you ran it by before you bought it 9 years ago said it was fine. So why is it questionable?
When I make mistakes I am happy to admit it and apologize when appropriate, go through this forum and you can find examples. Your apology was only understood by you!
Bob
Just to get the record straight, I did not asked any dealers 9 years ago, so they couldn't have known about it at the time.

Old 11-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #28
BobI
Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice View Post
Just to get the record straight, I did not asked any dealers 9 years ago, so they couldn't have known about it at the time.
I never said you ran it by dealers nine years ago. You said "experts" which you used to drive the price down since the exterior condition was not as nice as you wanted, still a very nice sword though with a great blade. I did say recently you ran it by TW and another dealer and you consigned it to a dealer recently too. The dealer you consigned it to "Paul Hogle" only deals in original items. If it had any issue he would not have taken it, no question there!
Bob

Old 11-09-2019, 11:35 AM   #29
rbminis
Association Member

Quote:
I never said you ran it by dealers nine years ago. You said "experts" which you used to drive the price down since the exterior condition was not as nice as you wanted, still a very nice sword though with a great blade. I did say recently you ran it by TW and another dealer and you consigned it to a dealer recently too. The dealer you consigned it to "Paul Hogle" only deals in original items. If it had any issue he would not have taken it, no question there!
Bob
What on earth does this have to do with the dagger originally posted in this thread?
Ralph.

Old 11-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #30
Serge M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbminis View Post
What on earth does this have to do with the dagger originally posted in this thread?
Ralph.
Nothing.
Sometimes guys need to blow off some Off-Topic issue on a thread.
Now please back to the thread guys.
Thanks,
Serge