wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Korean War

Korean War Dedicated to the history and memorabilia of the war in Korea, 1950 to the present.

Old 02-06-2020, 11:52 PM   #16
vacollector

The only one I am familiar with this the medal for Sino-Soviet Friendship and I can tell you was is fake by the coloring and the ring. Does it have a date on the back ??

Old 02-15-2020, 12:43 AM   #17
hc8mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacollector View Post
The only one I am familiar with this the medal for Sino-Soviet Friendship and I can tell you was is fake by the coloring and the ring. Does it have a date on the back ??
It should be real. The color is nice gilt golden color, not easy to tell by the lighting on the picture as I tried to get it even. There are non-dated versions, see site below. The other one to the right I am not sure about on the authenticity, probably a remake later on.

https://gmic.co.uk/topic/2344-sino-s...ndship-medals/

Old 02-17-2020, 12:24 AM   #18
vacollector

It is hard to tell, usually medal that bright remind me of badges produced in the Victory Factory in the late 1960s. Long by then the Soviets and Chinese started hating each other. The metal seems wrong and the ring does not really fit. Could it be a very late production run, or one never issued before the Sino-Soviet Split ?? Unknown. I do know that comparing it with examples from
Collect Russia https://www.collectrussia.com/showcat.htm?cat=china there is a difference. Now there is also something to be said about getting some better pics. All hope is not lost, I just have reservations.