wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum Dedicated to SS cloth collecting and anything else SS related.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:15 PM   #646
nutmeg
Association Member

Old 12-09-2017, 01:33 AM   #647
salt*creek
Association Member

Yawn

Old 12-09-2017, 07:59 AM   #648
DaveG
Association Member

Back to the subject in question. Is there anecdotal evidence to determine how many of these so-called pink smocks are out there? When they first started showing up for sale at shows and online were there scores of them on offer or just one or two here and there? I don't collect SS camouflage so I would have been oblivious to them at shows.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:18 PM   #649
nutmeg
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Back to the subject in question. Is there anecdotal evidence to determine how many of these so-called pink smocks are out there? When they first started showing up for sale at shows and online were there scores of them on offer or just one or two here and there? I don't collect SS camouflage so I would have been oblivious to them at shows.
I can only speak from my experience since they started showing up since around 1980. They seem to have been very scattered, I don't recall any dealer having more then one on offer at a time . If you went through a show there might be one maybe two at most. Certainly nothing like a dealer with a pile of them on the table. I always guessed the number under 500 . It certainly wasn't thousands. They were far outnumbered by standard smocks as they are today.