wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present

Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present From West Germany through to the modern reunified German Republic.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:16 PM   #31
Tribley

General Friedrich Albert Förtsch (left) and General Ulrich de Maizière (right) with 1957 awards, both former Generalinspekteure der Bundeswehr; photos from the BMVG site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foertsch_maiziere.jpg (19.0 KB, 128 views)

Old 09-22-2005, 10:18 PM   #32
bf109e4

O, there r Naziperiod army general in BRD??!!!!!
It's seem strange to me, by the way is there any SS general or high ranking officers in BRD too??????

Old 09-22-2005, 11:27 PM   #33
Tribley

All former Wehrmacht officers from Oberst upwards were reviewed by a special committee that looked into their Wehrmacht careers before their appointments into the Bundeswehr. I believe there was also a Luftwaffe General and Kriegsmarine Admiral who also served in the West German armed forces as General officers. A very large percentage of the senior Bundeswehr officers serving up into the early seventies served in the Wehrmacht. As far as I know, no former SS officer was permitted to serve in the Bundeswehr, but I may be wrong? There is a published book on Bundeswehr Generals but I do not own it.

Albert Förtsch, Adolf Heusinger, and Hans Speidel were all former Heer generals that served in the Bundeswehr. Here are links to articles about Heusinger and Speidel, they served in both World Wars. Both Generals opposed Hitler in WWII but the Gestapo could never prove their involvement in the 20 July 1944 plot...

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Heusinger
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Speidel

Wehrmacht era photos of Speidel:

And Förtsch: