wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum Dedicated to SS cloth collecting and anything else SS related.

Old 12-09-2019, 04:42 PM   #76
voelender

Picture wise , you might be right but this is the best I can do.
My last comment will be , if you are still interested , the price is negotiable.
Merry Xmas

Old 12-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #77
Phantom3SE

To the seller: Surely if you have an 11K item you can afford even a decent mobile phone with a good camera. These pictures are not very impressive for an item that you are asking so much for!

Do yourself a favour and take some good pictures and then relist it

Old 12-09-2019, 05:26 PM   #78
jlga

Good pictures definitely make a difference sometimes you might sell a crappy item and if the pictures are well taken that will impact positively whereas if you as it is the case have allegedly selling an expensive item and the pictures are not good then that will Impact negatively on potential buyers this is unfortunately or fortunately the world we live in

Old 12-09-2019, 05:52 PM   #79
cossack1648

With items that are so difficult to judge by the pictures, where in most cases hand inspection is required, high quality pictures with good, possibly natural lighting are the must. Otherwise you buy a cat in a bag, which means you can win or lose. For any potential buyer, posted pictures are the only thing to base his decision to buy the item or not. Many people view bad picture as a negligence or an attempt to hide something. When you provide nice high resolution pictures, you eliminate that thought and any potential hassle in the future.

Jack

Old 12-09-2019, 07:06 PM   #80
vonStubben
Association Member

For Voelender.....here's a photograph of an identical style tunic worn by Ernst Richard Stubben also of the Germania Regiment and also a recipient (posthumously) of the DKiG.

I own the original of this picture which was given to me by his sister and used in Mark Yerger's book German Cross in Gold Holders of the SS and Police Volume 3 Regiment and Division "Nordland".

Chuck Stubben
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191209_174650~2.jpg (45.7 KB, 573 views)

Old 12-09-2019, 07:20 PM   #81
NickG
Association Member

Nice. Appears to be external hip pockets which is why the pocket flaps are not angled, so not the same style tunic, but similar.
if you look close you will see the pocket pleats, (no doubt more clear in the original print)
Cool image of same unit and same rank! !

Old 12-09-2019, 08:21 PM   #82
vonStubben
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG View Post
Nice. Appears to be external hip pockets which is why the pocket flaps are not angled, so not the same style tunic, but similar.
if you look close you will see the pocket pleats, (no doubt more clear in the original print)
Cool image of same unit and same rank! !
You know I had to actually dig the photo out and look at it under a loupe to make certain that it actually had external instead of internal pockets. It's original size is 3.5' x 2.5' which is why I photographed the photo in Marks book to post instead of the original, and all this time I thought they were internal cargo pockets. It took your statement for me to finally see the pocket outline even in the larger photo. With the help of the loupe I can now see it in the the smaller print too.

In the original picture I believe he's also wearing the gothic G cyphers as there's a dark spot in the center of each board but I can faintly see a single pip on the left shoulderboard as well. I wish it was clearer but it is what it is and I'm thankful to have it.

Last edited by vonStubben; 12-09-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:39 PM   #83
Hans Kristian
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVK View Post
Me too Vince, there really is no excuse for crappy photos these days.
Agree with both of you - selling such pricey items demands really good photos.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:56 PM   #84
alone01

Quote:
Originally Posted by phild View Post
We know due to ribbons the he wore this tunic well into 42. I don’t know when he was promoted to Captain but must have been 43 latest.
I find it odd but possible he was still wearing the numbered tab in late 42 but maybe not that odd on an occasional walking out tunic.
This is what I've been thinking about.

Old 12-10-2019, 02:05 AM   #85
Marcel Banziger
Association Member

If I would sell a 11K item and was not able to make good photos I would hire a photographer to make good photos. Will cost me 100 euros but at least the good photos would help me to sell the item faster. With unsharp crappy pics absolutely nobody is going to spend this sum of money. Nobody!

Old 12-10-2019, 02:49 AM   #86
John Pic

I don't see a single problem with this tunic. Nice high quality dress uniform material , correct insignias, loops done correctly. Resewn tabs maybe but they could also be tabs he had replaced because he wanted matching tabs after promotion from untersturmfuhrer.

Robert H. is correct you can't tell with out a real close hands on inspection. everything else is speculation. One member posts the same thing about every single tunic he comments on and never fails to say it should be sold cheaper....yet never posts any of his own tunics. Highly suspect expertise.

Old 12-10-2019, 04:49 AM   #87
Francesco
Association Member

........and I will add tunics were period stripped and rebadged to be washed.This fact is not fully considerate

Old 12-13-2019, 02:27 PM   #88
PZKG

For your information this tunic was offered to me about 7 years ago by Kai Winkler and does not come from a german collector at all!
It also has the typical Kai Winkler award loops which is easily recognisable for me as I was burned by 2 WSS officers tunics by this guy in my younger years.

I will check if I still have his pictures he sent me but I think I do not.

Best

Mads

Old 12-13-2019, 02:29 PM   #89
AntiqueWW2
Suspended

Finally someone who write exactly what that Thing is. Now i can add Hamburg Tailor and we are there. The Loops are what give that away, as Mads wrote correct, they are what you always see on a put together Tunic out of the Hands from this Tailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZKG View Post
For your information this tunic was offered to me about 7 years ago by Kai Winkler and does not come from a german collector at all!
It also has the typical Kai Winkler award loops which is easily recognisable for me as I was burned by 2 WSS officers tunics by this guy in my younger years.

Best

Mads

Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 12-13-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:15 PM   #90
wolfslair44
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZKG View Post

Best

Mads
Mads - thanks for posting. If you do have those photos, it would be a death sentence for the story.