wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Crosses of the Wehrmacht

Crosses of the Wehrmacht Iron Cross, German Cross, War Merit Cross and Spain Cross.

Old 10-01-2019, 04:04 AM   #16
unimarc
Association Member

Here is my Spanish EK1.
Almost black in patina .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C6B2C6DB-31AE-4DB5-A2EE-7891A4F04A53.jpg (171.1 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg 0934E1C2-58E4-48F4-91A7-831927BEE940.jpg (110.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg FCBD308A-F329-4502-AED5-CB7DA3ECA31C.jpg (89.1 KB, 79 views)

Old 10-01-2019, 06:46 AM   #17
boch_62
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEPRUFT View Post
Totally agree with Gregorio. And another question, in last two years I have seen more than 20 EK1 with this exact hardware offered on auctions, shops, etc. at a very high Price.

Is someone making them today? Be cautious....

regards
Mike
IMO, it is possible that the original matrix of the EK1-1939 cross of spanish production from around 1944-45, someone has now "recovered" (or did a new identical matrix) and again produces crosses with the same pattern...

That is why I insist that finishing the cross is very important (for example its edges) and the appearance of its elements (needle, main hook and 2 stabilizing hooks), original (not chemical) patina, etc...
Of course, that's only my opinion.

Regards
Jarek

Old 10-01-2019, 08:48 AM   #18
sanya13
Association Member

here is my piece
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EK1 Spanis 005 át.jpg (212.7 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg EK1 Spanis 007 át.jpg (148.2 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg EK1 Spanis 008 át.jpg (123.9 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg EK1 Spanis 010 át.jpg (140.8 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg EK1 Spanis 011 át.jpg (141.1 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Névtelen-7 át.jpg (111.4 KB, 74 views)

Old 10-01-2019, 11:44 AM   #19
GEPRUFT
Association Member

Hello Jarek, perhaps you are right. I just tell you that I am collecting Blue División pieces for more tan 30 years, and I have only seen two or three EK1 spanish in this time. Suddenly, the market has been flooded with these pieces. So, I'm very skeptical of these crosses. Modern aging techniques create almost indiscernible copies.

regards
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by boch_62 View Post
IMO, it is possible that the original matrix of the EK1-1939 cross of spanish production from around 1944-45, someone has now "recovered" (or did a new identical matrix) and again produces crosses with the same pattern...

That is why I insist that finishing the cross is very important (for example its edges) and the appearance of its elements (needle, main hook and 2 stabilizing hooks), original (not chemical) patina, etc...
Of course, that's only my opinion.

Regards
Jarek

Old 10-01-2019, 02:05 PM   #20
boch_62
Association Member

Quote:
... Modern aging techniques create almost indiscernible copies.

regards
Mike
I fully agree, but certain things and appearance (after many years of contact with the medals and badges) can not be counterfeit, on one condition that you hold the cross in your hands and do not judge it in the picture. IMO of course.

Regards
Jarek

Old 10-01-2019, 03:27 PM   #21
Gregorio Torres

After a quiet and carefull examination and comparation between all these 'new' crosses and the well known originals from Casa Flandes (Madrid) there are a lot of small diferences wich can explain my friend Mike's suspection .
These one piece crosses are quite easy to falsify, and patination (similar in every 'new' cross) is easy to get also. On the other hand, this would not be the first time when somebody used the old dies to produce new items. I have in my collection the dies of the East Front Medal made in Spain by the firm J. Sanz and l've been proposed to make fakes. So l will keep far from them.

Old 10-01-2019, 03:57 PM   #22
unimarc
Association Member

I heard there was several crosses found in a certain Militaria antique store in Spain , not long ago, when it was closing ! That should have brought a handful on the market all of a sudden !?
I’m sure some of your guys must have heard same story ??

Old 10-01-2019, 04:06 PM   #23
boch_62
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unimarc View Post
I heard there was several crosses found in a certain Militaria antique store in Spain , not long ago, when it was closing ! That should have brought a handful on the market all of a sudden !?
I’m sure some of your guys must have heard same story ??

This is nothing new. Wherever you can earn money, there will be people are willing. It is important to be able to distinguish grain from chaff, although it is not always easy

Regards
Jarek

Old 12-07-2019, 07:34 AM   #24
Nibelungen38

Quote:
Hello Jarek, perhaps you are right. I just tell you that I am collecting Blue División pieces for more tan 30 years, and I have only seen two or three EK1 spanish in this time. Suddenly, the market has been flooded with these pieces. So, I'm very skeptical of these crosses. Modern aging techniques create almost indiscernible copies.

regards
Mike
I can give an answer to this and to all those who doubt the origin of these medals, these medals appeared in the underground stores of a well-known old militaria store in the center of Madrid, my father bought the whole store and I It is part of the warehouse that had been practically abandoned, this store had been open since 1927 and had in these stores stock of material from different eras, these iron crosses were stored there, if anyone has any questions you can talk to me privately.

Old 12-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #25
sanya13
Association Member

Hi
I too hear same story, a Spanish collector friebd ,he said that these item are original pieces .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibelungen38 View Post
I can give an answer to this and to all those who doubt the origin of these medals, these medals appeared in the underground stores of a well-known old militaria store in the center of Madrid, my father bought the whole store and I It is part of the warehouse that had been practically abandoned, this store had been open since 1927 and had in these stores stock of material from different eras, these iron crosses were stored there, if anyone has any questions you can talk to me privately.

Old 12-07-2019, 12:59 PM   #26
boch_62
Association Member

It is difficult for me to comment on buying or selling military shopes ... I have no idea about it.
However, after many years of watching the crosses EK2-1939 and EK1-1939, I can distinguish an antiqued contemporary cross from an original cross from the era. Only so much ... and so much ...

Regards
Jarek