wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum Dedicated to SS cloth collecting and anything else SS related.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #46
goingback5

That is almost undeniably the third tag in the strip on the lab coat. the staining matches exactly.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #47
Waffenreich
Association Member

I'm sure my Aunt's Father would love to hear that now. He was killed, yes "killed" there on 11 Jan 1945. He was arrested in Italy in Dec '44 and sent there. Pretty quick turnaround for that to not be a death camp.

As far as the topic at hand, pathetic, just f........ pathetic. Whoever said a vet's coat with sport shirt insignia and humped-on tag was right on the mark. Kris is a good man and I'm sure this coat will be removed promptly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hritz View Post
Dachau was not a death camp.

Bob Hritz

Last edited by Waffenreich; 06-27-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #48
Capt. R
Association Member

The label/tag is not so exotic anymore! Wow, thanks for posting that strip of tags!

Old 06-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #49
Napalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffenreich View Post
I'm sure my Aunt's Father would love to hear that now. He was killed, yes "killed" there on 11 Jan 1945. He was arrested in Italy in Dec '44 and sent there. Pretty quick turnaround for that to not be a death camp.

As far as the topic at hand, pathetic, just f........ pathetic. Whoever said a vet's coat with sport shirt insignia and humped-on tag was right on the mark. Kris is a good man and I'm sure this coat will be removed promptly.
Sorry to hear about your Aunts father, Bob was being technical. I sent Kris an email earlier so lets see if he removes it...

Old 06-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #50
Waffenreich
Association Member

I know, and appreciate the thought. It really wasn't meant as a dig at Bob, just more of a point as to what Dachau had become in the closing months of the war.

v/r

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
Sorry to hear about your Aunts father, Bob was being technical. I sent Kris an email earlier so lets see if he removes it...

Old 06-28-2009, 05:42 AM   #51
Napalm

Kris is now aware and agrees with the synopsis here. He will remove the item and not offer it for sale.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #52
Waffenreich
Association Member

Hopefully he will wear it while he does very mean things to the guy he got it from

Come to think of it, the 3d guy from the left in Robert's pic in post #13 kind of looks like Kris. Is it possible we're all wrong and this is Kris' coat and he's really a mad Doctor from Dachau who hasn't aged

Quote:
Kris is now aware and agrees with the synopsis here. He will remove the item and not offer it for sale.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #53
Geheime
Suspended

Things aren't up to snuff

Old 06-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #54
John Pepera

Does anyone have a copy of the advertsiement when it was offered by
Oak leaf?

The link above is no longer active and I don't see it as being offered by
Oak Leaf.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #55
tgn
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffenreich View Post
I know, and appreciate the thought. It really wasn't meant as a dig at Bob, just more of a point as to what Dachau had become in the closing months of the war.

v/r

Bob
Hey Bob,
just to add to your line of discussion, I once worked with a fellow whose dad was a Russian volunteer in the German Army. Near the end of the war, that unit of Russian volunteers were shipped to Dachau along with their families as refugees. The son, who I worked with, said he remebered the camp and his dad in uniform strutting around like he owned the place. All he saw were refugees. He saw nothing of any prisoners being executed or mistreated at that time, which I specifically asked him about.

Tom

Old 06-28-2009, 11:23 PM   #56
Vid
Expelled

Quote:
That was big of him, the item gets caught as a flat out fabrication as his name pops up more and more. Great!! pull the made up piece and go on with business as usual.

Site is starting to look like a hub for questionable items based on all these forum topics that have come about.

The person who bought those labels needs to be named, and Kristian was at that show if memory serves me correctly with his flag that caused so much debate. But debate is one thing, fabricating an item with intent is another. That's a fabricated item, who bought the tags?

Old 06-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #57
MikeW

Those prices are insane.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:26 AM   #58
Vid
Expelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
Those prices are insane.
Forget the prices for what sold.

Not for nothing guys but this is a huge problem, I pulled the photo's I have the tags and the coat. I want the buyer of those tags and I want to know where they went.

That is a catch! And I want it. Its Fraud in its clearest form and a well known dealer. I want the name of the buyer of those tags. E-mail it privately if you wish.

I think Kristian Anderson needs to personally address this in his own words right now at this minute.

What a shyster move this was.

K

Old 06-29-2009, 04:58 AM   #59
SiPo
Association Member

Yep, very interesting indeed. Would love to know what the buyer of the labels has to say about his part in all of this!

YNWA: Vindicated after 27 years - REMEMBER THE 96

Old 06-29-2009, 08:19 AM   #60
Hundestaffel
Association Member

One last word from this "Old Dog" -

I see that the number of views in regards to this thread has sky-rocketed....nice to see (well, I guess not for everyone)...

Will this thread just silently "fade away" as so many of them do when things "Heat Up" ????

"Somebody" has some major explaining to do.......

*** That site also recently posted some very, very poor quality SS ID's which were identified and confirmed as such here on this site by some very well known, knowledgable and respected paper collectors...

"Hundestaffel"

Last edited by Hundestaffel; 06-29-2009 at 08:58 AM.