wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Daggers and Edged Weapons Forum

Daggers and Edged Weapons Forum This is the corner of the site where you can talk about daggers, bayonets, swords and knifes of the Wehrmacht and related organizations.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:26 PM   #46
BobI
Forum Sponsor

I like some things about it and not others, JR has studied these pretty well and could probably give some insight.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:21 PM   #47
Larry C

Quote:
Originally Posted by John T View Post
The big 4 or 5 that have seen it all will know, but will they tell you the truth, that is the question.
+1

Old 02-24-2019, 06:33 PM   #48
Jeff Nichols
Association Member

This is a very interesting dagger indeed, and I think it is period, even though I know nothing about these. but it just has the look all around that I like to see. I'm with krikke and patrice on this one, good points!

Old 02-24-2019, 06:39 PM   #49
Bulldog

Cant say its wrong but still not liking this grip eagle, I've looked at others and this is the only one that looks like this, all the others appear very similar with 9 feathers on each wing, this is the only one with 11. Would the design not have to be the same on each one and checked by Pack before these "prototype" daggers were distributed.

Russ.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:40 PM   #50
JR.
Association Member

wow !

Old 02-24-2019, 08:13 PM   #51
JR.
Association Member

One look without a doubt, one of the rarest SS daggers to come to surface in many years !

Old 02-24-2019, 08:36 PM   #52
Tony Bologna
Association Member

Looks like a period piece and the winner of 2019

Old 02-24-2019, 11:29 PM   #53
patrice

Well, if this dagger is 100% genuine without a doubt, then the Rohm inscription is unique, I have never ever seen such a Rohm inscription before, have you ?
I'm always worried when a piece is too unique without any reference, I'll pass on it.

Last edited by patrice; 02-24-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:51 AM   #54
Victorman
Association Member

Sorry that I have to spoil the joy here, guys.

This dagger is one of the many attempts to fabricate the very rare (and expensive) Christmas dagger; this time a SS full Rohm. A type of dagger that never existed!

All parts are -of course- original, early and typical Pack, which are easy to obtain.

But the real value of this dagger lays in the blade and in the grip... and these are for sure pure fabrications!

I have compared the grip with several proven original Christmas daggers by Pack: this eagle is a very poor copy!

Where were those pictures found?

Best regards,

Victorman

PS: I must admit that the artificial aging on this blade was done quite well...

Old 02-25-2019, 03:29 AM   #55
den70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorman View Post

This dagger is one of the many attempts to fabricate the very rare (and expensive) Christmas dagger; this time a SS full Rohm. A type of dagger that never existed!

All parts are -of course- original, early and typical Pack, which are easy to obtain.

But the real value of this dagger lays in the blade and in the grip... and these are for sure pure fabrications!

I have compared the grip with several proven original Christmas daggers by Pack: this eagle is a very poor copy!

Best regards,

Victorman

I do not want to say anything. Judging only by this photo about such a rare dagger is not correct. But besides the eagle, do you have any other suspicious moments? The eagle is like a homemade product.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:36 AM   #56
patrice

Perhaps, we should ask those that believe the dagger to be original and the reason why ? One thing is obviously certain though, this is not a known Rohm pattern for any Pack blade. I mean seriously, would you buy an unknown Rohm pattern ?

Old 02-25-2019, 07:06 AM   #57
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice View Post
Perhaps, we should ask those that believe the dagger to be original and the reason why ? One thing is obviously certain though, this is not a known Rohm pattern for any Pack blade. I mean seriously, would you buy an unknown Rohm pattern ?
Sounds like a good idea Patrice.

If it had a normal grip eagle and not this sh**ty looking one would any of you guys buy it?

Russ.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:18 AM   #58
Dolch
Association Member

I have an original ground E.P. &S. SA prototype, and the eagle on it has more details and looks better made than this one, and all of the prototypes i have seen had the same eagle. A well made fake IMO

Old 02-25-2019, 07:42 AM   #59
no1canuck
Association Member

The new photos posted yesterday go a long way for making it a real possibility it is original. Thanks for posting them Krikke. But when there is no point of reference regarding the grip eagle and inscription, it being called a "prototype", it makes me wonder if the first person to make a believable item is the one setting the reference points. Not saying it is fake, but cant say that I am sold on the eagle or inscription either. None the less it makes for a very interesting discussion!!

Steve

Old 02-25-2019, 08:35 AM   #60
tobau
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorman View Post

Best regards,

Victorman

May,you are right,because i don't know the truth,but indeed about this pics i like this dagger,but as said before i can fooled,because there is nothing to compare !

But :

-If this a high-end fake,why did the faker take a brown grip and not the typical
black one ?

- why did the faker this stupid way and pins a nail throug the eagle ?

- and why he take a Röhm-blade and not the common Pack one ?

Hope we experience the truth about them.