wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum Dedicated to SS cloth collecting and anything else SS related.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:10 PM   #16
Askold

In early 00's I was flying to Ukraine and happen to sit next to this fellow. His name was Yaroslav Kunytskyi. A very pleasant gentleman to talk to, told me that he kept his Solbuch, a black wound badge and also a Trident collar tab. He never wore it, but got in POW camp (not sure how he got to have it) and kept it as a memento. I regret not staying in touch with him - should have taken photos of his items.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:26 PM   #17
NickG
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askold View Post
In early 00's I was flying to Ukraine and happen to sit next to this fellow. His name was Yaroslav Kunytskyi. A very pleasant gentleman to talk to, told me that he kept his Solbuch, a black wound badge and also a Trident collar tab. He never wore it, but got in POW camp (not sure how he got to have it) and kept it as a memento. I regret not staying in touch with him - should have taken photos of his items.
Wow very cool. Officer candidate. Famous photo! He is wearing an enlisted tab with officer (candidate) silver braid as per the regs.
Speaking of Galician officers does the Gallician Ukranian lion tab exist in BULLION quality?

Old 11-08-2019, 03:48 PM   #18
D Davies

Quote:

Roman it really would have been nice to see a trident tab.
Cheers
Dave.

Old 11-09-2019, 03:35 AM   #19
RobertE
Association Member

Thanks for posting the bevo variant and the fine pictures showing it's wear. I can add this tab to the growing list of examples I will likely never be able to find or own!

s/f Robert

Old 11-14-2019, 06:46 PM   #20
Askold

Nick - yes the bullion version existed and in at least two variations.

Dave - still kicking myself for not meeting him and taking the photos. I was young and did not realize the rarity of the subject.

Old 11-17-2019, 09:14 AM   #21
D Davies

Quote:
Nick - yes the bullion version existed and in at least two variations.

Dave - still kicking myself for not meeting him and taking the photos. I was young and did not realize the rarity of the subject.
I can understand your frustration looking back at your younger self.
fingers crossed you may get similar opportunity in the future
Cheers
Dave.