wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Deutsche Demokratische Republik

Deutsche Demokratische Republik All things related to the German Democratic Republic 1949-1989

Old 11-09-2017, 07:13 AM   #31
karnet

Held der Arbeit and Held der DDR are two different Awards.

The Held der DDR of you is unfortunately a bad copy.

Last edited by karnet; 11-09-2017 at 07:42 AM.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:55 AM   #32
seb16trs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Craig View Post
seb16trs,

Thanks for your comments but I will stick with the term "approximate". I have never seen a list of any award that was 100% complete. I know for sure that the reference document that I am quoting from is not complete. The chap who complied it says so. The list I am using is not from official German sources. It was complied by a guy who spent a lot of time researching official documents and includes the name, position/occupation, and number of the award for that particular year. I intended to post the address where this information can be found in the bibliography at the end of this thread rather than in the middle of the thread so it can be found easily in the future. I would be pleased if you would cite the Official German Sources for the stats that you published in the Bibliography once I have finished the thread

Regards,

Gordon
Hello, first of all, a big thanks for the sources list you posted above.. the Dirk Ulbricht's work is a marvel. Really impressive.

And reading these links, I remember now where I found my stats: in the Statistische Jahrbuch der DDR.

Did you notice my datas are those of the table in the last page of Ulbricht's work? We found the same source. ;-)

Old 11-09-2017, 09:44 AM   #33
Gordon Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnet View Post
Held der Arbeit and Held der DDR are two different Awards.

The Held der DDR of you is unfortunately a bad copy.
Thanks for your comments. I agree that the Held der Arbeit and the Held der DDR are different awards and I wasn't clear in my thread about that. I debated about doing separate threads but since the design of the Held der DDR appeared to be heavily influenced by the Hedl der Arbeit I decided to put them in the same thread. Perhaps a mistake on my part but the die is cast now. A friend has already pointed that out to me.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 11-09-2017, 09:47 AM   #34
Gordon Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb16trs View Post
Hello, first of all, a big thanks for the sources list you posted above.. the Dirk Ulbricht's work is a marvel. Really impressive.

And reading these links, I remember now where I found my stats: in the Statistische Jahrbuch der DDR.

Did you notice my datas are those of the table in the last page of Ulbricht's work? We found the same source. ;-)
seb16trs,

Yes, both the stats we posted are complimentary and useful in the study of the Hedl der Arbeit. Thanks for your additions to the thread.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 11-10-2017, 09:17 AM   #35
Mike G.

Hi Gordon,

Enjoyed your "Held der Arbeit" award thread. A lot of research obviously went into the collection of the referenced data. Thank you for your hard work, and posting your findings for all to view and see.

M60-A2 Tank Commander Cold War proverb: “You can accomplish more with a kind word and a ‘Shillelagh’ than you can with just a kind word.”

Old 11-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #36
Gordon Craig

Mike,

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy doing this kind of research.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 11-14-2017, 10:21 AM   #37
Elmar Lang

Hello,

the excellent work of Hubrich, helped me to find futher data about my HdA group belonged to Brunhilde Grosse, then worker in the VEB-Chemische Werke Buna and awarded in 1981.

Many thanks for the most interesting research on the highest titles of the DDR,

E.L.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:46 AM   #38
Gordon Craig

E.L.

Glad to hear that my research was of use to you.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 11-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #39
Gordon Craig

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I mentioned above that "As of 20 September, 1978 it was stipulated that the Karl-Marx-Order was to be awarded at the same time as the “Goldener Stern”." Here is a picture of one of the ways these two awards were presented together. I can not say that it was done this way all of the time but doing it this way was certainly interesting.

Regards,

Gordon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00072bz.jpg (199.5 KB, 21 views)