wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Daggers and Edged Weapons Forum

Daggers and Edged Weapons Forum This is the corner of the site where you can talk about daggers, bayonets, swords and knifes of the Wehrmacht and related organizations.

Old 01-25-2020, 03:54 AM   #31
AndyB

german Wiki
"General der Fliegerausbildung (Gen.d.Fl.Ausb.) war eine Dienststelle und Amtsbezeichnung innerhalb der deutschen Luftwaffe bis 1945. Sie ging am 27. Juli 1943 durch Umbenennung aus der Dienststelle „Chef des Ausbildungswesens der Luftwaffe“ (Chef AW) hervor und war im Oberkommando der Luftwaffe (OKL) angesiedelt.!

Old 01-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #32
Frogprince

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
german Wiki
"General der Fliegerausbildung (Gen.d.Fl.Ausb.) war eine Dienststelle und Amtsbezeichnung innerhalb der deutschen Luftwaffe bis 1945. Sie ging am 27. Juli 1943 durch Umbenennung aus der Dienststelle „Chef des Ausbildungswesens der Luftwaffe“ (Chef AW) hervor und war im Oberkommando der Luftwaffe (OKL) angesiedelt.!
I do not have a problem with that but the marking that I posted was period versus postwar. And it could be that the period Germans used both - I don't know. I also don't if these Standhauer knives were supppsed to be worn with uniforms which is out of my areas, but was discussed elsewhere. FP

Old 01-25-2020, 01:54 PM   #33
AndyB

I dont known You mean the chromolit marking or other, should be looked to Warrel.forum where is larger and deeper discussion about it.
- marking Waffen Loesche - Berlin, existed this firm and with this name postwar?
- the type of marking various fonts by Ch.A.W speaks for other as chromolit for me, the name of chromolit(registered trademark already 1932) Besteck Fabrik / Artur Wingen Solingen ever found in the form of Ch.A.W. on other items as here on this knife?
- compare the SA daggers of "chromolit Solingen " its used a rostfrei steel there or not, the knife here was nickeled and the steel is not rostfrei as seen on various pieces in web
- has someone found a bayonet KS 98 marked Artur Wingen or Chromolit
- some of the horngrips looks normal period some very white, which could be realised with no sun light on that, which means long years storage in depot, some are in untouched condition,mainly the unserialed ones
- form of the blade and scabbard which could be look at by various firms for comparing
- searching on RLM or OKL for more documents researches in archives could help too
- there existed Kar98k or Standard rifles with Ch.d.A. of SA, there exist similar shortages of Reserve Heer or other branches, all this had "Chef des Ausbildungswesens" by OKL should be used little different version, but as mentioned this is only not confirmed theory
- horngrip automatically doesnt mean "Forster" branch, as period documents dont speak about this knife, but normal Hirschfaenger by Forstbeamten.

Old 01-25-2020, 11:07 PM   #34
Frogprince

Yes, I was referring to the other forum's thread. The late Anthony Carter's book for information on the maker. Anthony made a number of trips to Solingen and we exchanged information on a number of topics and some makers but Wingen was not one of them that I remember. One of the things that occurred to me was to analyze the metal alloys. Quite a while back a really dedicated collector sent out two batches of daggers for a professional analysis. The results were not what he hoped for, but they did provide a baseline set of results that I thought were interesting. FP