wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Wehrmacht Equipment Forum

Wehrmacht Equipment Forum Equipment and gear of the Wehrmacht era.

View Poll Results: Are mp44 pouches rare or are they just expensive
Mp44 pouches are rare 12 27.91%
Mp44 pouches are available but just expensive 31 72.09%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Mp44 pouches: rare or expensive poll
Old 08-13-2019, 04:42 AM   #1
Leper
Association Member

Question Mp44 pouches: rare or expensive poll

As the title says; do you think mp44 pouches are rare or just expensive?

Old 08-13-2019, 04:50 AM   #2
Fsoq
Association Member

too much expensive for their rarity imo. They are not so rare but very desirable. The same goes for a lot of german stuff - para smocks/helmets to begin.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:07 AM   #3
RED LION
Association Member

rare yes expensive yes . it is the same as gold price the only way is up

Old 08-13-2019, 09:00 AM   #4
Jeff V

I wonder if some day a giant horde of mp44 pouches will be found just like the g43 pouches in russia. I am sure somewhere the russians have a salt mine full of these things.

Old 08-13-2019, 10:23 AM   #5
anmarlodz
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff V View Post
I wonder if some day a giant horde of mp44 pouches will be found just like the g43 pouches in russia. I am sure somewhere the russians have a salt mine full of these things.
I'm absolutely sure there were, at least at one point, some stocks of those pouches in Russia or ex soviet countries ( G43 pouches came out from Ukraine, not Russia, while the P38 holsters end others came from Belarus as far as I know), but probably , as my friend well pointed, probably most of those were delivered to third world countries together with Stg 44 itself ( as most probably mags wont match with AK mags ).

Ofcourse there could be some untouched stocks of those pouches still somewhere in ex USSR countries ( USSR had wast stock of any weapons and equipment - from captured german to allied US and UK made ), and who knows ,maybe someday will show up on market ( but most probably those who will catch them will not make same mistake as G43 pouches did ).

I guess those , if, or when, show up will be from the same makers as to G43 pouches like bla/ros, fuq, maybe kkd, qkv.

Good examples of amounts of german captured weapons and stuff in russian stocks are fotages from, quite recent, melting stocks of MG42, P08 and P38.

Old 08-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #6
anmarlodz
Association Member

Anyway ; those quite rare but IMO price is quite of range IMO ( and still rising ). IMO reasonable price of those should be between 2000-2500 euro ( and not more ).

Old 08-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #7
Leper
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmarlodz View Post

I guess those , if, or when, show up will be from the same makers as to G43 pouches like bla/ros, fuq, maybe kkd, qkv.
How many qkv pouches have you seen?

Old 08-13-2019, 04:28 PM   #8
Panzer-G-man

Id say there were a few of them turned into sandals or the like in Vietnam.Didnt the Russkis send a bunch of them over to the Vietcong?

Old 08-19-2019, 07:55 AM   #9
anmarlodz
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leper View Post
How many qkv pouches have you seen?
I suspect all unmarked made from recycled cloth and leather ( like the kkd and fuq examples ) are actualy qkv made , simply cause IMO qkv is other code of the fuq or kkd ( like bla and ros codes/markings of the same maker ).

Old 08-19-2019, 08:09 AM   #10
Leper
Association Member

Quote:
I suspect all unmarked made from recycled cloth and leather ( like the kkd and fuq examples ) are actualy qkv made , simply cause IMO qkv is other code of the fuq or kkd ( like bla and ros codes/markings of the same maker ).
Ok, have you ever seen a fuq or kkd pouch with cloth liners in the flaps? If you have I would like to see a picture so that I can gain some evidence.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:07 AM   #11
Simon H

Desirable to anyone with an MP43/44, expensive for the same reason. Widely faked for the same reason.

Old 08-19-2019, 04:40 PM   #12
Leper
Association Member

Quote:
Actually I do not believe that qkv and fuq can be the same company. The materials were distributed by the central government. But the waffenampts show they go through different channels into the army acceptance.

Now as for the unmarked pouches, well they could be qkv... or a least some of them.

Old 08-29-2019, 03:19 PM   #13
anmarlodz
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leper View Post
Actually I do not believe that qkv and fuq can be the same company. The materials were distributed by the central government. But the waffenampts show they go through different channels into the army acceptance.

Now as for the unmarked pouches, well they could be qkv... or a least some of them.

If so than write why ONLY 2 makers ( known to me at least ) were using re-issued cloth and leather parts ( the third might qkv, but I strongly bieleive that qkv is other code for kkd or fuq ) ?

Some other maker were using spare leather ( like remains of leather from weapon carrying straps as belt loops ), but never re-issued cloth ( taken from disassembled or damaged items - like horse related items often used, for example, in fuq or kkd mag pouches for stg 44 ).

But maybe someone with code book can help and verify if the qkv is same maker as kkd or fuq.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:09 PM   #14
Nigromontanus
Association Member

qkv is not a late code for kkd or fuq. It is a different maker. shall I ever resume work on my mp44 accessories book, it will be divulged. I have it on my agenda, but I have too much other things also to do. As for this thread, it is an illogical question, since the pouches are rare and therefore there are expensive. and I have noted, in the 4 digit segment there are only few enthusiasts. I have 20 pouches. But they are unsellable when you have paid maximum prices.