wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > General Wehrmacht Awards

General Wehrmacht Awards Service Awards ("Flower War", Honor Cross, Long Service Awards, West Wall Medal), Honor Awards and medal/ribbon bars.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:26 PM   #16
Erickn
Association Member

Hello Sir,
Not implying anything other than similar interest.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:31 AM   #17
Yubari

Jerusalemer strasse..

Old 05-24-2019, 03:25 PM   #18
Edward 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by triad08 View Post
Very nice medal bar!

This Wilm label is very surprising to see on your bar. J.H. Wilm completely transitioned out of orders, decorations, and medals after WW1, mostly because its government contracts disappeared. None of the interwar period Berlin business directories that I looked in, list Wilm as having anything to do with orders, medals, decorations, medal bars, etc.

Through the 20's and the 30's, Wilm slowly became one of the most prestigious and most expensive jewelers, silversmiths, and goldsmiths in Europe, catering to the most affluent customers. Even Göring ordered his over-the-top silverware, jewelry, and custom-designed marshall batons from Wilm.

I have seen this purple Wilm label before and, although I can't find an example now on the internet, it was in the form of a ribbon stretched across the silk lining of a jewelry box's lid's interior.

I simply can't see the Cartier of Berlin manufacturing a 5-place medal bar in the late 30's when they were not commercially engaged in that kind of activity at all.

Using a loupe, can you examine the thread that was used to sew-on the black felt cover and compare it to the thread used to sew-on the label?

Unfortunately I can not do this. Medal bar does not belong to me.

Old 05-31-2019, 03:13 PM   #19
Edward 1970

Friends! Many thanks to all for your comments! They were helpful to me. If the medal bar is completely original, it turns out that this is a very rare instance!