wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Community Forums > Groupings and Individual Soldier's History Archive Forum

Groupings and Individual Soldier's History Archive Forum Dedicated to the personal history of individual soldiers - any war, any country. One thread per individual. No 'looking for' or general comment threads.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:26 PM   #61
Ostprussenmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by der-hase-fee View Post
Yes I now have that tunic from Adam S. I was able to also track down additional stuff from across the globe with the group; hence looking for more.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:46 PM   #62
Jos L C

I see many people who want to reunite a group, but why not buying a complete group then ?

I spoke with a dealer who said, documents go to England, medals and badges I keep for the Dutch, Belgium, German, French market ..
When his groups are still complete, nobody wants them, but when he starts splitting people start to scream and start hunting down the items ..

Rather funny actually ..

Splitting is only for one reason, more money, because this hobby is about more money..
Searching for items from ruined groups seems rather frustrating to me, especially if you see how easily they're ruined by people who doesn't give a s hit ..

Jos.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:54 AM   #63
glaser
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jos l c View Post
i see many people who want to reunite a group, but why not buying a complete group then ?

I spoke with a dealer who said, documents go to england, medals and badges i keep for the dutch, belgium, german, french market ..
When his groups are still complete, nobody wants them, but when he starts splitting people start to scream and start hunting down the items ..

Rather funny actually ..

Splitting is only for one reason, more money, because this hobby is about more money..
Searching for items from ruined groups seems rather frustrating to me, especially if you see how easily they're ruined by people who doesn't give a s hit ..

Jos.
+1!

Old 10-29-2018, 02:36 AM   #64
nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaser View Post
+1!

I think in the case of groups its indeed all about the money.
Being transparant by putting a money list of the group would give it more relevant informatie.

Like:
RK 9k€
DkiG 2k€
Iab 150€
Group surplus 500€

As that “because its a group” price is not always clear how high that is

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Old 10-29-2018, 08:04 AM   #65
TWS
Association Member

I have actually bought groupings for less money than the sum of their parts would bring. That's why dealers/sellers split them up sometimes. To maximize $. They can get more total money selling each piece individually plus it's easier to sell that way as they don't have to wait for a buyer to come along who has enough money to buy the whole grouping.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:59 PM   #66
VtwinVince
Association Member

Looking for anything to do with Major Dr. Albrecht Ochs, Luftwaffe officer.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:11 PM   #67
JeremyJ
Association Member

Default ..

Jos

Agree, at the end of the day everyone would (should) buy these groups complete. But realistically it’s not as if everyone collects these items (that is in a grouping). All of us collect in a variety of areas and personally mine is documents. While I can appreciate uniforms, badges, etc so if given the chance my first choice is the documents which in the long run, give a more detailed accounting of soldiers career than decorations (unless English) that can be attributed to a specific soldier.

Seriously my friend you’ve been collecting this as long as I, it’s really about keeping the knowledge alive. I don’t watermark any of my my groups (photos) i post its BS, it’s about curracting a correct knowledge of history, if groups are broken up it truly bad but perhaps our acknowledgement of them will at least let their stories be told beyond their lifetime.

We are all the care takers of this history for a limited time, for people we have no personal connection to for that part/ any part of keeping the history going is a win.

Jeremy

QUOTE=Jos L C;8291056]I see many people who want to reunite a group, but why not buying a complete group then ?
I spoke with a dealer who said, documents go to England, medals and badges I keep for the Dutch, Belgium, German, French market ..

Rather funny actually ..

Jos.[/QUOTE]

http://aufhimmelzuhause.com/

re-unite KRIEGSMARINE groups
Old 04-22-2019, 09:01 AM   #68
glaser
Association Member

Default re-unite KRIEGSMARINE groups

Hans dodel u n 360 /33 t
erich kirsch o. 2307 / 38 t

Old 04-22-2019, 02:02 PM   #69
AntiqueWW2
Association Member

I just spent around half a Year to bring a Knight Cross Winner and Heeresbergfuhrer Group back together. To me this is the worse you can do, splitting up a Group just to get a few Bucks more out of it. I had to buy it from 5 different Collectors, 3 different Countrys and talk with some of the most braindead People i had ever to deal with. But i have it almost done, from Wehrpass to Medals Documents Letters Tunic ect, everything is back in one Place, my Place

Old 04-26-2019, 06:13 AM   #70
Scholtz

I am seeking things related with Joachim Franze, commander of U-278. I have his DKIG and I know that some papers and citations where auctioned several years ago.

Yes I do
Old 10-09-2019, 03:18 AM   #71
gordie

Wink Yes I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellracer1 View Post
Does anyone have anything belonging to any of the following men.

1. Hauptmann Arno Lohmann, pilot and squadron leader 3./ Küstenflieger-Staffel 906
2. Oberleutnant Karl Deisenroth, from 1939 - 1943 Observer in 2./ Kampfgeschwader z.b.V. last unit as pilot 5./Schlachtgeschwader 4

Thanks for looking and best regards
Winfried
Hi mate yes I do make contact if you like
Gorodn

Old 10-10-2019, 04:34 PM   #72
gordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellracer1 View Post
Does anyone have anything belonging to any of the following men.

1. Hauptmann Arno Lohmann, pilot and squadron leader 3./ Küstenflieger-Staffel 906
2. Oberleutnant Karl Deisenroth, from 1939 - 1943 Observer in 2./ Kampfgeschwader z.b.V. last unit as pilot 5./Schlachtgeschwader 4

Thanks for looking and best regards
Winfried
Yes I do