wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Photos and Paper Items Forum

Photos and Paper Items Forum Awards Document and any photo related to the era.

Poster LSSAH
Old 08-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
wolfslair44
Association Member

Default Poster LSSAH

Anyone have any info on this poster? Real/fake? Thanks. Scott

Old 08-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
N.C. Wyeth
Association Member

Looks like München in the background . . . and that is where the first 800 men (of the Sonderkommando Berlin) were titled with the term "Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler" . . . so that tidbit of information gives the poster some angle of historical credibility . . . but I can't say any more for it's authenticity - to me, based on my gut feeling alone, it does not seem genuine. No hard facts to discount it . . . just simple gut feeling - maybe someone else has something credible?

Old 08-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
wolfslair44
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
Looks like München in the background . . . and that is where the first 800 men (of the Sonderkommando Berlin) were titled with the term "Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler" . . . so that tidbit of information gives the poster some angle of historical credibility . . . but I can't say any more for it's authenticity - to me, based on my gut feeling alone, it does not seem genuine. No hard facts to discount it . . . just simple gut feeling - maybe someone else has something credible?
Thanks for this. Just a collector starting out, and you guys have so much info. Any thoughts are appreciated. Scott

Old 08-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #4
wolfslair44
Association Member

bump

Old 08-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
FrenchVolunteer
Association Member

Hi,

pre-war posters are usually quite known, and i can't see this as a real one...

- why did they use the cathedral of Munich, when the SS was so called "anti-christian", and when they could have used the Feldernhalle instead (far more symbolic for the SS) ?

- i can't remember of a real pre-war / war poster showing an SS cuff title...

- the overall design of the poster is really suspicious, again i can't see which known author could have done this (crapy) one...

Again i think that this is a post-war US nazi poster.

See You

Vince

Old 08-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
wolfslair44
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
Hi,

pre-war posters are usually quite known, and i can't see this as a real one...

- why did they use the cathedral of Munich, when the SS was so called "anti-christian", and when they could have used the Feldernhalle instead (far more symbolic for the SS) ?

- i can't remember of a real pre-war / war poster showing an SS cuff title...

- the overall design of the poster is really suspicious, again i can't see which known author could have done this (crapy) one...

Again i think that this is a post-war US nazi poster.

See You

Vince
Thanks. Just a bit bizarre because I've never seen another one like this, even a fake. You would think if it was produced post-war, that there would be a number of these. Anyone else have any idea?

Old 08-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #7
TonyS

For me it is a fantasy item. The use of the cufftitle and the so called LAH (which would be LSSAH if it was authentic) printers info are pretty obvious fantasy parts.

Some of the other sections could be taken from a real poster. There are quite a lot of these mix and match style fantasy posters around.

Some have small print runs, some big print runs and others are possibly one offs done as samples.

If you have already purchased it then either try and get your money back or if it didn't cost much then hang onto it. Sometimes these fantasy items become collectors items...........like Peichl (spelling?) repro honor rings.

Poster
Old 08-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
panzer1432

Default Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyS View Post
For me it is a fantasy item. The use of the cufftitle and the so called LAH (which would be LSSAH if it was authentic) printers info are pretty obvious fantasy parts.

Some of the other sections could be taken from a real poster. There are quite a lot of these mix and match style fantasy posters around.

Some have small print runs, some big print runs and others are possibly one offs done as samples.

If you have already purchased it then either try and get your money back or if it didn't cost much then hang onto it. Sometimes these fantasy items become collectors items...........like Peichl (spelling?) repro honor rings.
I agree with you, Tony.

It's a cool poster, I like it.