wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Photos and Paper Items Forum

Photos and Paper Items Forum Awards Document and any photo related to the era.

Photos of the Folgore division in north Africa
Old 06-24-2005, 08:00 AM   #1
Jean-Loup
Association Member

Default Photos of the Folgore division in north Africa

I tried to get some photos of the Folgore division by posting in the FJ forum, but had no luck.
Does anyone have any photos from the Folgore that they could post here, particularly photos taken at El Alamein. By searching the net, and looking in books, I only managed to find two photos showing the Folgore in Africa with their special paratrooper helmets, and only about 6 photos in all... Not very encouraging.
Are there any books I could buy containing large numbers of pictures of the Folgore in Africa?

Old 06-24-2005, 06:23 PM   #2
Michael Miller

I have no photos, but when I visited El-Alamein in 1990 I bought an Italian paratrooper's helmet- just the shell, no liner (presumably Folgore Division [?]) from an ancient bedouin fellow. Very rusty and cracked on top. And since I'm on the off-topic subject of that, wonder if you might have an idea as to the value of such a piece?

~ Mike