wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Achtung Panzer! Forum

Achtung Panzer! Forum This forum is designated to discuss the equipment, battles and people of the Panzertruppe.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:39 PM   #16
Eddy.S

and a nother one.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #17
Panzerknacker12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchris View Post
What I really wonder is, there have been a lot of people at the Littlefield collection and took photos of the TZF3a from the exterior, but nobody had the idea yet to take a photo while looking through it for the reticle?

If I did not live in Europe I would definately have gone to the Littlefield collection and took a photo like this...
Well, its kind of like this. I am more concerned about finding the scope itself (have plenty of pictures of the Littlefield), in just about any condition. The reticle really doesnt concern me at this time, or in the future, as I will not be firing live ammo.

I have the dimensions to modify another 45mm scope I have, just trying to locate an original.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #18
hchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerknacker12 View Post
Well, its kind of like this. I am more concerned about finding the scope itself (have plenty of pictures of the Littlefield), in just about any condition. The reticle really doesnt concern me at this time, or in the future, as I will not be firing live ammo.

I have the dimensions to modify another 45mm scope I have, just trying to locate an original.
I know it seems like we have different goals

I tried to find the TZF 3a for about 15 years now, but not because I want to use it or to resell it, I just want to study it and take notes about it and this also includes that I want to find out the reticle of this sight. I am a researcher, I am not really interested in any profits or money at all as I do not have a lot of money so I have to try to gather the information using different methods.

So I tried to get the reticle from the TZF 3a of the Littlefield collection and I contacted them several times, sadly they do not even bother to reply

As it is impossible for me to visit the Littlefield collection myself (I live several thousand kilometers away) maybe I can find somebody who will take this small "Research Job", naturally I would also offer a reward within my limited possibilities.

Serious research takes an enormous amount of time, patience, money and also luck. Maybe I can find out the solution to this topic some day, maybe not.

But I can promise you, I will keep my eyes open for the TZF 3a

Old 06-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #19
Herr Lyppe

I think that the Littlefield 222 has been shipped off to the Collins Foundation now. Maybe you'll have better luck with them?

hchris, is your primary interest in optics?

Old 06-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #20
hchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Lyppe View Post
I think that the Littlefield 222 has been shipped off to the Collins Foundation now. Maybe you'll have better luck with them?

hchris, is your primary interest in optics?

At the moment yes, I try to focus on optics, but I have done research in many many other areas before (rifle grenades, hand grenades, anti tank weapons, tanks, infantry weapons, uniforms etc etc).

In the last few years I have turned my attention mostly to optics but I am always looking for other interesting stuff too

I also collect manuals from WWII.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #21
Panzerknacker12

Also looking for a Sdkfz 250/9 Ausf.B manual.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #22
hchris

Quote:
Also looking for a Sdkfz 250/9 Ausf.B manual.
Same here

Old 06-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #23
Herr Lyppe

I don't suppose either of you knows what the manual designation is? eg. H.Dv. .......

Old 06-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #24
hchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Lyppe View Post
I don't suppose either of you knows what the manual designation is? eg. H.Dv. .......
Sorry but no, I don't. If I knew the designation I could probably get it.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #25
Panzerknacker12

According to Jentz, D9020/36, dated 06 Dez 1943.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #26
Herr Lyppe

I'm currently reformatting and cleaning up the images in about 30 Flak 30 and Flak 38 manuals so will see if I can get my hands on this one.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #27
Panzerknacker12

Just to see the equipment setup inside the B would be gold. The Kablinka example is missing quite a bit.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:11 PM   #28
Herr Lyppe

I'd think that most of the images of the interior of the vehicle from the manual have already been published. The later war manuals weren't anywhere near as comprehensive as the earlier war ones, particularly when in relation to equipment that is simply an updated version.

It's a shame the the recent memoir Panzer Leader by Otto Henning didn't have more detail on the vehicles that he spent so much time in. The operational information in the book was really interesting.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:54 AM   #29
Panzerknacker12

Ive only seen the Ausf A published, which I have. The B is different, as it uses Gurtsacks instead of the metal gurtkasten, etc. Also, they stored 2cm mags. on the walls in holders, since there was no pedestool. There are some fittings in Kablinka, but not all.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:32 AM   #30
hchris

Quote:
According to Jentz, D9020/36, dated 06 Dez 1943.
Thanks, I will search the German federal archives for them.

Do you also have the name of this manual? It makes searching easier.

As soon as I have any News, I will reply to this thread, but this usually takes 1 or 2 months.