wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Community Forums > Collections Display Forum

Collections Display Forum Whether your collection is 5 or 500, share it here! Also share cabinets, storage, display and cataloging techniques.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:12 PM   #6106
R.H.J
Association Member

John,

Always enjoy your mannequins, but still miss the SS Kampfgruppe

Regards,
Ron

Old 08-20-2017, 09:08 AM   #6107
PaulW
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-M View Post
I struggle with work and family to share with the forum and this thread in particular. Here is an amazing M-44 I purchased on the forum last week. I happened to have a matching M-43 cap and M-43 trousers with the same shoddy wool and level of wear... so I just had to have it. Thanks Paul!
Hi John, I missed this post as have been away and not looking closely enough at WAF! Glad it has found a nice new home - looks fabulous on your mannequin, glad you have the matching (coarse) Italian cloth trousers/ cap - it shouldn't matter, but it always looks better! I see from the boards it has become (I think?) Panzer-Grenadier - nice.

You're right about the lining, often associated with SS tunics, but sometimes Heer too. The eagle was factory applied before the lining as sometimes happened with M44 tunics. Here is another example made exactly the same way:-

http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=4891

Best regards, Paul

My collection/ albums:- http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...um.php?u=40842