wehrmacht awards


Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > U.S. Militaria Forum

U.S. Militaria Forum Militaria of the United States of America.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 09-15-2019, 04:50 PM   #16
101combatvet
Member
 
101combatvet's Avatar
 
101combatvet is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 4,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikejamesusa View Post
Haha you again, you still mad you looked like a fool when i pointed out the 2nd ranger tag looked fake ?
What? Show the thread.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2019, 08:31 PM   #17
historyguy
Member
 
historyguy's Avatar
 
historyguy is offline
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 2,712
Default

What happened to the 1st Armored patch? Also notice the letter/note is missing from the European auction.

I have no problem with Harreld's tags. The hole is on the left instead of right; the city and state are wrong. With some 16 million men and women in uniform during World War II, supply shortages (requiring small contracts to meet immediate needs) and information errors occurred. I have seen non-standard dog tags; I have seen tags with various errors; I have seen family/civilian I.D. tags from this era.

Who knows why these tags are the way they are. Small contract with "left" holes? A rushed typesetter? A patriotic family member? A nostalgic veteran? We'll never know for sure. But, many (most?) of us here can be sure these are not "fakes."

So, no, we cannot "all agree this tag [sic] is fake."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OriginalMP1.jpg (105.5 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg OriginalMP2.jpg (235.8 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg OriginalMP3.jpg (91.8 KB, 146 views)
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2019, 08:35 PM   #18
historyguy
Member
 
historyguy's Avatar
 
historyguy is offline
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 2,712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101combatvet View Post
What? Show the thread.
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=783097

His comment that "all soldiers that went overseas had a tetanus stamp on their tag and if the tags dont [sic] have a tetanus stamp theyre [sic] used for basic training in the US" makes me question/doubt pretty much anything he has to say...
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2019, 09:04 PM   #19
101combatvet
Member
 
101combatvet's Avatar
 
101combatvet is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 4,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyguy View Post
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=783097

His comment that "all soldiers that went overseas had a tetanus stamp on their tag and if the tags dont [sic] have a tetanus stamp theyre [sic] used for basic training in the US" makes me question/doubt pretty much anything he has to say...
Yeah, wow he really showed me with his expert knowledge.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2019, 05:22 PM   #20
Aikejamesusa
Member
 
Aikejamesusa is offline
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyguy View Post
What happened to the 1st Armored patch? Also notice the letter/note is missing from the European auction.

I have no problem with Harreld's tags. The hole is on the left instead of right; the city and state are wrong. With some 16 million men and women in uniform during World War II, supply shortages (requiring small contracts to meet immediate needs) and information errors occurred. I have seen non-standard dog tags; I have seen tags with various errors; I have seen family/civilian I.D. tags from this era.

Who knows why these tags are the way they are. Small contract with "left" holes? A rushed typesetter? A patriotic family member? A nostalgic veteran? We'll never know for sure. But, many (most?) of us here can be sure these are not "fakes."

So, no, we cannot "all agree this tag [sic] is fake."
We do know this is a 100% fake lol, this hole is only seen on replica tags. flattened edge doesnt exist on an original wwii tag. Also the material looks slightly different the tag is made off. And as the WWII draft of his father showed the address is even different another red flag. The space between the letters another redflag. It is probably made with an original wartime stamping machine but i think because the material is different of the fake tags it gives another look. Ive seen upside down tags yes but this is not real 100%. If i post this on USmilitariaforum im sure ill get better knowledgable responses because it seems here is a lack of dogtag knowledge thereby it isnt faked for money but big chance the vet lost his set or got one for his grandson or own son. If you collect dogtags for a long time you can spot it because you see something is off compared to the hundreds of tags that ive had and saw. Its the same when you buy for example an designer bag when u have it for some time and u see someone else with it and it looks off u know its fake.













Last edited by Aikejamesusa; 09-17-2019 at 05:33 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2019, 06:09 PM   #21
101combatvet
Member
 
101combatvet's Avatar
 
101combatvet is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 4,033
Default



Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikejamesusa View Post
We do know this is a 100% fake lol, this hole is only seen on replica tags. flattened edge doesnt exist on an original wwii tag. Also the material looks slightly different the tag is made off. And as the WWII draft of his father showed the address is even different another red flag. The space between the letters another redflag. It is probably made with an original wartime stamping machine but i think because the material is different of the fake tags it gives another look. Ive seen upside down tags yes but this is not real 100%. If i post this on USmilitariaforum im sure ill get better knowledgable responses because it seems here is a lack of dogtag knowledge thereby it isnt faked for money but big chance the vet lost his set or got one for his grandson or own son. If you collect dogtags for a long time you can spot it because you see something is off compared to the hundreds of tags that ive had and saw. Its the same when you buy for example an designer bag when u have it for some time and u see someone else with it and it looks off u know its fake.












  Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2019, 06:50 PM   #22
Aikejamesusa
Member
 
Aikejamesusa is offline
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101combatvet View Post
You know im right about this one stay ignorant old grumpy guy
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2019, 11:58 PM   #23
101combatvet
Member
 
101combatvet's Avatar
 
101combatvet is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 4,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikejamesusa View Post
You know im right about this one stay ignorant old grumpy guy
Little Dutchboy, I would explain why you are wrong, but it would be like talking to a brick wall.

BTW, when are you sending me that repro dog tag?
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2019, 03:16 AM   #24
Aikejamesusa
Member
 
Aikejamesusa is offline
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101combatvet View Post
Little Dutchboy, I would explain why you are wrong, but it would be like talking to a brick wall.

BTW, when are you sending me that repro dog tag?
Im not even dutch but yeah ok. Look at the pictures since u dont seem to be looking at them its a clear repro tag the hole looks off to the original and this is not about the hole being on the left side yes this is possible but this hole the way it looks ( dented look ) is only on replica tags lets not talk about the address on the tag ( Verona,PA) while he was actually in kentucky.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2019, 04:25 PM   #25
101combatvet
Member
 
101combatvet's Avatar
 
101combatvet is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 4,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikejamesusa View Post
Im not even dutch but yeah ok. Look at the pictures since u dont seem to be looking at them its a clear repro tag the hole looks off to the original and this is not about the hole being on the left side yes this is possible but this hole the way it looks ( dented look ) is only on replica tags lets not talk about the address on the tag ( Verona,PA) while he was actually in kentucky.
Please, explain how this "fake" dog tag was made.

Also, when are you sending me the fake dog tag?
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2019, 04:37 AM   #26
Aikejamesusa
Member
 
Aikejamesusa is offline
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101combatvet View Post
Please, explain how this "fake" dog tag was made.

Also, when are you sending me the fake dog tag?
What do you mean with send me the fake dog tag ? You can see a picture of a fake tag in this thread.

First of all the tag looks pretty smooth the material not even real wear like you see on other tags while i dont say there are no original tags that almost look new the material looks off. Also NOK tags are for the biggest part made of material that over the time will give weird blue spots on the tag or even turn yellow what i would expect for such an early tag even tho ive also seen ones without but mostly late ones. There are enough people on ebay and websites that make them with an original WWII machine. The stamping is weird because it seems the dents around the letters that are stamped in the tag look bigger than on original WWII tags probably because the material is softer and different. And even if all of this was right the hole already gave away its fake, the ghost ridge dogtag scandal all these tags also had holes like this. So my conclusion is this is a 100% fake no doubt. So tell me why do you think this is real ? And dont tell me because it came from the family that doesnt mean a thing.

Last edited by Aikejamesusa; 09-19-2019 at 05:09 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2019, 04:45 AM   #27
Aikejamesusa
Member
 
Aikejamesusa is offline
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 209
Default

Got some quick examples of exposed tags for you. As you see exactly the same



  Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2019, 10:38 PM   #28
bodes
Member
 
bodes's Avatar
 
bodes is offline
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,947
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101combatvet View Post
You don't know who you're messing with.... Bodes

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...r-fake-dogtag/
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2019, 05:18 AM   #29
Airborne777
New Member
 
Airborne777 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikejamesusa View Post
Haha you again, you still mad you looked like a fool when i pointed out the 2nd ranger tag looked fake ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101combatvet View Post
Yeah, wow he really showed me with his expert knowledge.
Wow seems like you like a fool again
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2019, 06:56 PM   #30
101combatvet
Member
 
101combatvet's Avatar
 
101combatvet is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 4,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne777 View Post
Wow seems like you like a fool again
Cut and paste, but have no idea what you are talking about.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump






vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com