wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Firearms Forum

Firearms Forum Focused on the guns of the Third Reich, but posts on firearms from other WW II countries are also welcomed.

Searching for parts for a DEACTIVATED M2 Browning .50 Caliber Machine Gun (BMG)...
Old 10-13-2019, 04:12 AM   #1
WWIIBuff
Association Member

Default Searching for parts for a DEACTIVATED M2 Browning .50 Caliber Machine Gun (BMG)...

Hello Gentlemen,

This is a DEACTIVATED M2 Browning .50 Caliber Machine Gun (BMG) that I recently acquired. It's an original gun with thick reproduction side plates and can never be made into a functioning weapon. It is a WWII gun that was probably turned over to the Israeli's and had a round explode inside it at some point. Today a friend was able to pull one exploded casing out of the barrel, and is still working on the remains of a second casing.

Visually it looks nice, but it came to me with the "guts" stripped out of it and many small parts missing. so I am thinking about trying to replace several of the missing or damaged parts so that it displays as complete as possible on my late war M63 mount. Some of the larger parts like the rear slide assembly and the rear sight assembly are present, but I am thinking of upgrading them to nicer examples.

I've already found several of the parts I need on specialized dealer sites and GunBroker, but many are priced too high or just not available. If by chance any of you have spare parts laying around for this weapon that you don't know what to do with, please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3619 (1) .50 Cal M2 BMG Deactivated crop enlarged.jpg (58.5 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by WWIIBuff; 10-13-2019 at 04:51 AM.

Old 10-13-2019, 04:32 AM   #2
WWIIBuff
Association Member

This is the M63 mount I recently acquired as well. It came with the "Frankenstein" display gun that was made by some company out of Boca Raton Florida many years ago, but since it is not an original example, I've already sold that to a friend and bought the M2 above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190924_110631 web.jpg (85.8 KB, 63 views)

Old 10-13-2019, 04:57 AM   #3
WWIIBuff
Association Member

The mount also came with the ammo can tray and a belt of dummy rounds, so I just bought a couple WWII ammo cans to display with it as well.

The belt of dummy rounds are connected with metal clips, but I am thinking a cloth belt might look cooler.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190924_111329 web.jpg (226.0 KB, 63 views)