wehrmacht awards


Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Imperial Uniforms and Headgear

Imperial Uniforms and Headgear Imperial German Pickelhaubes and Uniforms.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 03-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #256
LeibHusaren
Member
 
LeibHusaren's Avatar
 
LeibHusaren is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Danzig
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
I'm sure, that it is a cap from Imperial times. A real Leibhusaren cap or similar looking other cap with an added skull? Both is possible, I think.

Why I think so? Some years ago I got cap, which had absolutly no relation to the Leibhusaren. It looked absolutly identical to a cap of the 2.LHR. No big differences! But it was a cap for a member from a Prussian Landwehrverein. Because Leibhusaren caps are very popular caps, it is always possible that somebody added a skull to make it more interesting. We will never know it!

At the end is only important that you like it.
Thanks Sergeant.
Yeah I really like it
The seller is very honest Man had it for 20 years. Don't think he added skull, better think not
Maybe will get more LHR stuff from him...
Best regards
Pete
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #257
Sergeant 08
Association Member
 
Sergeant 08's Avatar
 
Sergeant 08 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,251
Default

Leibhusaren!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg le.JPG (50.8 KB, 550 views)
__________________
Media vita in morte sumus – mitten im Leben sind wir vom Tod umgeben.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 02:50 AM   #258
kuerassier7
Member
 
kuerassier7 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: germany
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
I'm sure, that it is a cap from Imperial times. A real Leibhusaren cap or similar looking other cap with an added skull? Both is possible, I think.

Why I think so? Some years ago I got cap, which had absolutly no relation to the Leibhusaren. It looked absolutly identical to a cap of the 2.LHR. No big differences! But it was a cap for a member from a Prussian Landwehrverein. Because Leibhusaren caps are very popular caps, it is always possible that somebody added a skull to make it more interesting. We will never know it!

At the end is only important that you like it.
Most of these caps from veterans are missing one piping, the lower one.
They are sometimes with a added skull on sale.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 03:01 AM   #259
Sergeant 08
Association Member
 
Sergeant 08's Avatar
 
Sergeant 08 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuerassier7 View Post
Most of these caps from veterans are missing one piping, the lower one.
They are sometimes with a added skull on sale.
And they were made with piping in different colors, too! But sometimes these caps from veterans have the correct piping, the correct colors etc.

These are the dangerous caps! I wrote it, I owned such a cap.
__________________
Media vita in morte sumus – mitten im Leben sind wir vom Tod umgeben.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 05:08 AM   #260
Sergeant 08
Association Member
 
Sergeant 08's Avatar
 
Sergeant 08 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,251
Default

Another Leibhusar!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leib.JPG (96.9 KB, 541 views)
__________________
Media vita in morte sumus – mitten im Leben sind wir vom Tod umgeben.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #261
Krullies
Association Member
 
Krullies's Avatar
 
Krullies is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Zuid-Holland, NL
Posts: 196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
I had posted this skull in another thread before. In the meantime I got a better looking one, but I have never sold this skull. Why? Well, I think it is the fact, that it is a ww ground dug. When do you have a chance to get such a ground dug busby skull again?
Oh my this suffered a LOT ... looks very cool tho! Thanks for showing this Stefan! reckon itsa once-ina-lifetime find! You found this yourself?
__________________
Mehr sein als scheinen
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #262
Sergeant 08
Association Member
 
Sergeant 08's Avatar
 
Sergeant 08 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krullies View Post
You found this yourself?
No, not my discovery.
__________________
Media vita in morte sumus – mitten im Leben sind wir vom Tod umgeben.
  Reply With Quote

Braunschweiger Regiment
Old 03-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #263
Krullies
Association Member
 
Krullies's Avatar
 
Krullies is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Zuid-Holland, NL
Posts: 196
Smile Braunschweiger Regiment

This little Totenköpfchen is from Braunschweiger 17. Regiment. Its made of copper, with a very worn silvery coating. The right bone is a little bend but not too much. The back looks full of oxidation, the prongs are good too. Very goodlooking little skull! Stefan told me, this version could be on empirial Mützen, or Weimar Mützen, or Wehrmacht 3.Reich Mützen.

The first shot, the background, I like it much, they seem a very lovely couple, second shot is of the back, has a background of the Braunschweiger Regiment 17er behind his machinegun, as shooter. Pretty big gun, no? A couple of officers behind the gunmen. At the back of the shot is written "Münster 1932". Rest of the shots, closeups.

Enjoy,
KR









__________________
Mehr sein als scheinen
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #264
Sergeant 08
Association Member
 
Sergeant 08's Avatar
 
Sergeant 08 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krullies View Post
This little Totenköpfchen is from Braunschweiger 17. Regiment. Its made of copper, with a very worn silvery coating. The right bone is a little bend but not too much. The back looks full of oxidation, the prongs are good too. Very goodlooking little skull! Stefan told me, this version could be on empirial Mützen, or Weimar Mützen, or Wehrmacht 3.Reich Mützen.

The first shot, the background, I like it much, they seem a very lovely couple, second shot is of the back, has a background of the Braunschweiger Regiment 17er behind his machinegun, as shooter. Pretty big gun, no? A couple of officers behind the gunmen. At the back of the shot is written "Münster 1932". Rest of the shots, closeups.

Enjoy,
KR
Here is a similar skull on a Imperial cap! No Husaren Regiment 17 photo, but IR92.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imp.JPG (114.2 KB, 496 views)
__________________
Media vita in morte sumus – mitten im Leben sind wir vom Tod umgeben.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #265
Sergeant 08
Association Member
 
Sergeant 08's Avatar
 
Sergeant 08 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,251
Default

HR17 cap with such a skull!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hr17.JPG (35.2 KB, 495 views)
__________________
Media vita in morte sumus – mitten im Leben sind wir vom Tod umgeben.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #266
Krullies
Association Member
 
Krullies's Avatar
 
Krullies is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Zuid-Holland, NL
Posts: 196
Wink

Nice shots! Thanks! Yes, ofcourse, sry, your right! I just made it 17, I show the little skull with this bloke, and, he has 17 on his shoulderpatch;



Showed these a bit, but, they are nice enuff;





Other 2 more shots from the same series, just for fun;





Bye,
KR
__________________
Mehr sein als scheinen
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #267
Robin Lumsden
Banned
 
Robin Lumsden's Avatar
 
Robin Lumsden is offline
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Barbarian North
Posts: 10,159
Default

Similar cap ..................

Von Cramm also has his skull placed low.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IR17 Cap von Cramm.jpg (68.4 KB, 479 views)
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #268
Krullies
Association Member
 
Krullies's Avatar
 
Krullies is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Zuid-Holland, NL
Posts: 196
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
...Von Cramm also has his skull placed low.
Nice one Robin Von Cramm I think was Herr Major Von Cramm? The family helped build this very good page I think? Or is yours another Cramm?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
..These are the dangerous caps! I wrote it, I owned such a cap.
But they sure are awesome. Don't know who this is but I always like the below shot, the uniform sure looks so epically majestic!



Bye,
KR
__________________
Mehr sein als scheinen
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #269
Mike Dwyer
Member
 
Mike Dwyer's Avatar
 
Mike Dwyer is offline
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krullies View Post


....Don't know who this is but I always like the below shot, the uniform sure looks so epically majestic!



Bye,
KR
That is Generalfeldmarschall August von Mackensen.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #270
Sergeant 08
Association Member
 
Sergeant 08's Avatar
 
Sergeant 08 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,251
Default

The most famous Leibhusar!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mack.JPG (44.5 KB, 452 views)
File Type: jpg ma.JPG (47.4 KB, 455 views)
__________________
Media vita in morte sumus – mitten im Leben sind wir vom Tod umgeben.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump






vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com