wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Photos and Paper Items Forum

Photos and Paper Items Forum Awards Document and any photo related to the era.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:22 PM   #61
W Petz
Association Member

Location: Corpus Christi Texas/Tombstone Arizona/London & Westbourne-Bournemouth, UK/Tenerife, Canary Islands. Spain

Well I think listening to a chaplain is much better than serving time in a Penal Battalion. I think??? Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lyons
And both soldiers then needed counselling from the chaplain....

Bob

Old 01-09-2006, 09:05 PM   #62
W Petz
Association Member

Location: Corpus Christi Texas/Tombstone Arizona/London & Westbourne-Bournemouth, UK/Tenerife, Canary Islands. Spain

Here are some recent pickups....scanner still not working so I had to take some Digital pics. Destroyed Panzer IV
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Panzer IV Destroyed.jpg (141.2 KB, 3542 views)

Old 01-09-2006, 09:08 PM   #63
W Petz
Association Member

Portrait postcard size photo of a DAK Officer wearing the Italian/Deutsch Afrika campaign Medal amd AfrikaKorps Cufftitle. Original photo is much sharper than my crummy Digital camera shows.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Afrika Medal.jpg (117.3 KB, 3425 views)

Old 01-09-2006, 09:49 PM   #64
R MICHAEL
Association Member

Oh so you are the winner of this wonderful photo . I was watching it on ebay and lost track of when it ended. Congrats Bill

Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by W Petz
Here are some recent pickups....scanner still not working so I had to take some Digital pics. Destroyed Panzer IV

Mike Harpe

Old 01-09-2006, 11:24 PM   #65
W Petz
Association Member

Hi Mike,

You snooze you lose!!! The original pic itself is pretty sharp...my digital camera doesn't do these photos justice. Thanks! - Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by R MICHAEL
Oh so you are the winner of this wonderful photo . I was watching it on ebay and lost track of when it ended. Congrats Bill

Mike

Old 01-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #66
W Petz
Association Member

Here a few new photo pickup's.

Pz IV and crew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pz IV & Crew.jpg (70.1 KB, 3416 views)

Old 01-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #67
W Petz
Association Member

Camo Pz IV with two crewman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Camo Pz IV Crew.jpg (188.7 KB, 3415 views)

Old 01-23-2006, 08:19 PM   #68
W Petz
Association Member

Colorized LW Portrait photo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LW Color Portrait Photo.jpg (197.7 KB, 3287 views)

Old 01-25-2006, 10:30 PM   #69
W Petz
Association Member

Nice Portrait of a Panzer NCO & Wife
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Panzermann - Wife.jpg (181.8 KB, 3218 views)

Old 01-25-2006, 10:32 PM   #70
W Petz
Association Member

A nice LW portrait photo

Last edited by W Petz; 02-01-2006 at 09:56 PM.

Old 02-02-2006, 01:04 AM   #71
W Petz
Association Member

Here is a new photo that I acquired......but I'm not to sure about....photo is very clear/sharp.....something funny about the MG42 though...it is missing the wooden or bakelit stock???? I just get the feeling this might be a newer photo although it has Agfa Brovira water mark and dated in ink 7.2.1944
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MG Crew.jpg (165.0 KB, 3137 views)

Old 02-02-2006, 01:38 AM   #72
TWP
Expelled

I don;'t know much about these things, but the lads seem quite well fed for that time. Especially, the one on the left?

Old 02-02-2006, 01:16 PM   #73
Mark Mac

Bill,

Have you tried the blacklight test? That should at least help you with peace of mind.

When you say you are "not sure about this one..." Do you think it could be reenactors photographed and the picture made to look authentic?

As for the missing stock. Could it be part of the "breakdown" of the MG42 for cleaning or repair? Any guess is a possibility as there could be any number of reasons for that, ie, broken, for cleaning, more convenient for the configuration...

Great photos Bill. I have a similar Luft EM with the M43 cap.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #74
Todd Gylsen
Association Member

It's not unheard of to remove the buttstock when the MG was mounted. I know I have a press photo somewhere where the MG buttstock has been removed. I'll see if I can locate it when I get home tonight.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:03 PM   #75
W Petz
Association Member

Hi Mark & Todd,

It's not so much the paper that makes me question the photo but the removal of the buttstock that concerns me. I've never seen that done before. If someone tells me or better yet shows me that is common place then it would ease my mind. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mac
Bill,

Have you tried the blacklight test? That should at least help you with peace of mind.

When you say you are "not sure about this one..." Do you think it could be reenactors photographed and the picture made to look authentic?

As for the missing stock. Could it be part of the "breakdown" of the MG42 for cleaning or repair? Any guess is a possibility as there could be any number of reasons for that, ie, broken, for cleaning, more convenient for the configuration...

Great photos Bill. I have a similar Luft EM with the M43 cap.
Bill.

It's not unheard of to remove the buttstock when the MG was mounted. I know I have a press photo somewhere where the MG buttstock has been removed. I'll see if I can locate it when I get home tonight. Todd

Last edited by W Petz; 02-02-2006 at 08:08 PM.