wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum

Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum Dedicated to SS cloth collecting and anything else SS related.

what would it cost
Old 01-23-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
allmilcollector

Default what would it cost

what would i expect to pay for a black allgemeine tunic that is stripped. I know someone who has 3 that were brought in from russia years ago by george peterson no buttons or collar piping but do have rar and side beltramps. condition is fine not mothing or anything the rock tags are faded out I was going to make him a reasonable offer as he is toying with the idea of releasing 2

Old 01-23-2018, 09:01 PM   #2
kammo man

$7.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:08 PM   #3
kammo man

Offer him something like this art piece
Tell hm it’s original and with millions
It’s a fair trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-23-2018, 09:28 PM   #4
Scott A. Hess

great stategy
Old 01-23-2018, 09:58 PM   #5
jimt

Default great stategy

Maybe start a little lower like $5 that way when he sees the big money offer ($7) he will sell all three ?

Old 01-24-2018, 04:23 AM   #6
chrischa
Association Member

Get some good photos and show them here. You’ll get a response to your question then.

Even Kammo man jumped from $7 up to $8 in a matter of minutes!

Old 01-24-2018, 08:41 AM   #7
Tony & Kaiser

I would suggest, that you not buy one of those black SS greatoats and you save yourself a lot of grief. You will end up searching for matching appropriate original Insignia to put on it, and will find that exceptionally difficult and frustrating.

A while back I picked up an SS-Armband and for some time now, I have been looking for a nice Allgemeine-SS OR's numbered collar tab in silver embroidery with silver/black piping to place above the armband. Been looking for quite some time now for one I can trust and I can't seem to find one I like.

I once bought a field gray M1910 Ulanka missing the shoulder straps thinking that I would merely just find shoulder straps for the 10th Ulanen Regt. And voila! 20 years I looked and finally ended up selling the tunic in disgust. That was many years ago and I still have never seen a pair for sale. So my rule number two is, never buy anything that is missing anything.

But even if you did buy the black grey coat and by some miracle found the Insignia, you would still have a rebuilt uniform, which I personally place limited to no value on.

Sehr lustig
Old 01-24-2018, 02:17 PM   #8
Dr. Strangelove

Default Sehr lustig

Faded rock tags....oh me, oh my...so much traffic inside a pocket those darn tags just fade away....or did they contain clues that needed to be erased?

Old 01-24-2018, 02:25 PM   #9
kammo man

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischa View Post
Get some good photos and show them here. You’ll get a response to your question then.

Even Kammo man jumped from $7 up to $8 in a matter of minutes!

It was hard to make the SS with only seven dollars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-24-2018, 06:33 PM   #10
allmilcollector

i have the insignia i have been collecting collar tabs since 1976. I was thinking of offering 5000. I have been around long enough to know if its a legit tunic or not just havent keep up with the hobby that much in the past 10 years or so. And I was wondering also if some of you were born jerk asses or went to school to learn it. I must say either way that you are pretty accomplished in the art one thing i know kammo man when you think you know it all you prove you dont know anything from what ive seen of the heavy posters on here the SS forum is pretty much a waste of an educated gentlemans time and effort

Old 01-24-2018, 06:45 PM   #11
kammo man

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmilcollector View Post
i have the insignia i have been collecting collar tabs since 1976. I was thinking of offering 5000. I have been around long enough to know if its a legit tunic or not just havent keep up with the hobby that much in the past 10 years or so. And I was wondering also if some of you were born jerk asses or went to school to learn it. I must say either way that you are pretty accomplished in the art one thing i know kammo man when you think you know it all you prove you dont know anything from what ive seen of the heavy posters on here the SS forum is pretty much a waste of an educated gentlemans time and effort
HA HA HA HA ...............

I love personal attacks and this one is superb.

My wife is laughing so hard.

Thank you for making my day.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:57 PM   #12
rbno
Association Member

I purchased a stripped Allgemeine black 4 pocket about 25 years ago for between $500 and 1000. (It needed: tabs, collar piping, shoulder board, armband, buttons and someone to put it together. That's a tall order.) I think $5000 is high, especially if it is not in near mint to mint condition and has soviet film company markings.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:16 PM   #13
ValhallaMilitaria
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmilcollector View Post
And yet...here you are.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:46 PM   #14
darekm
Association Member

I think 3K is OK for a nice stripped original black tunic.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:04 AM   #15
viva_giulio

3000 is right. Usually do not have rzm tag cause removed.
Check about damages cause often were abused for teather and used for various military roles in teather / films.
The nice things of them them are usually large with very nice wool proper of an "early" period of rzm m32 standardsdo you can buy a top tunic also if disbadged.