wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Political Organizations

Political Organizations All aspects of Third Reich Political Organizations, including the SA, NSDAP, NSKK, NSFK, HJ, DAF, NSKOV, etc.

slip cover
Old 03-16-2019, 01:28 PM   #31
pauke
Association Member

Default slip cover

The thing I also note is that the box the edition in question came in is not in a presentation case, but the "inside" part is quasi-hinged on one side. It looks like the money got spent on two Bernstein covers and the slip case is nice, just not a work of art. This actually makes more sense to me that a full case.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:30 PM   #32
BrianK

If the current owners are keeping it in the family, good luck to them. To me it's another potential tuxedo badge.

Old 03-17-2019, 01:20 PM   #33
herd118

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solander_box
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauke View Post
The thing I also note is that the box the edition in question came in is not in a presentation case, but the "inside" part is quasi-hinged on one side. It looks like the money got spent on two Bernstein covers and the slip case is nice, just not a work of art. This actually makes more sense to me that a full case.
That box is a fairly common archive book box. They are available at any library supply company. Libraries and book collectors use them to preserve rare books from wear and foxing, as they are acid free construction.

Last edited by herd118; 03-17-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM   #34
JoeW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
At first glance it looks great but on closer inspection it looks new - as if just manufactured. If I was going to shell out 5 figures I'd want to see something that looked like it had some age or resembled another one. "They were all different" and "It came direct from the family" are stories we've heard before.

Here is a beautiful example on Gottlieb's site. Totally different.