wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Photos and Paper Items Forum

Photos and Paper Items Forum Awards Document and any photo related to the era.

Closed Thread

Questions
Old 09-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #181
Jeremy

Default Questions

I am glad you enjoyed my post Stefan. I am, of course, always amused by your posts... particularly the ones about your lawyer. Feel free to have your lawyer email me any documents. I'll have a good laugh at those, too, over a beer.

I don't need to be an expert #1 to recognise the difference between a good and a dud Hartmann, Marseille, Schnaufer or Rudel - something it seems you continue to struggle with despite telling us all you are THE expert with 22 years, blah, blah, blah....

So, Stefan, as you seem to think you know more than anyone else about the field, and nobody should dare question your opinion or the authenticity of some of your material, a couple of questions for you which actually address the real issues raised, and which you continue to avoid answering:

1. Did you or did you not sell the fake Marseille combat report with a CoA signed by you? I thought you were the expert who could not be shown to be wrong...

2. Where is your Third Reich expert's authentication and laboratory evidence that you and Frost stated on ehangar you had already for the 158 Marseille combat reports and all the stuff you supply Frost?

3. Have you or Frost sent Haas some of your Marseille combat reports to be authenticated? If not, why not? If so, what did he tell you?

4. Can you explain the obvious difference between the two styles of wartime Hartmann signatures - one style of which is IMO and knowledgeable other's opinions a fake style??

5. Can you explain the issues raised with some of your Schnaufer sigs?? Do you doubt the expertise of Wim Govaerts who over many years has done much more research on the Schnaufer signature than you?

6. Can you explain the difference between the two styles of wartime Rudel signatures - one style of which is IMO and knowledgeable other's opinions a fake style?

7. Can you explain the obvious difference between the two styles of guest book clippings with signatures - one style of which is IMO and knowledgeable other's opinions a fake style?

8. How is it you are able to instantly supply 30 (!!) wartime Wick signed clippings, 14 Rudel signed clippings, 14 Wittmann signed clippings, 10 Hartmann signed clippings, 10 Barkhorn signed clippings, 10 Nowotny signed clippings, 5 Goring signed clippings, 5 (?) Prien signed clippings, 5 Donitz signed clippings for Tribute Editions of prints, sigs which are all in pristine condition and in addition to all the other clippings signed by these people that you supply??

Looking forward to your informative reply for WAF collectors to read...

Old 09-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #182
pfeil335

Yet more rantings with no analytical argument from the "cos Stefan says so" flatearthers.

Stefan, the truth is that it is you that have proclaimed yourself the world expert in signatures.
Anyone questioning them are inevitably insultingly accused of being an amateur by you (despite you being embarrassed by Max History posting wonderful authentic visitor book pages when you insultingly accused him of being not being able to afford a Marseille and not being able to play in the "high league.")

Now THEY were authentic visitor pages...! (compared with others..!)

Max for me you are the closest to being an independant expert here...

As a mere collector, I am independant of any dealer's influence and have bought from both dealers mentioned as well as others..I have regretted buying from only one dealer however!

And to all the recent ehangar posters here..frankly you can collect whatever YOU think is authentic to go with your nice pictures, I don't care, but please don't insult most signature collectors intelligence here.....

I am very much looking forward to reasoned analytical answers to Jeremy's questions,.......or will we look forward to "cos Stefan says so" again?

pfeil

Final Post until Jeremy "comes clean"
Old 09-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #183
Luger-Hunter

Default Final Post until Jeremy "comes clean"

Jeremy

I will make you this offer. Since no one apparently knows who you are, except maybe your "mate" Pfeil335 and Bernd (if he is Pfeil), perhaps you can tell us who you are? It is very difficult to accept an opinion of an expert, which I assume you are claiming to be, if no one knows who the person offering his opinion is.
So, if you tell me, and the collecting community who you apparently are trying so desperately to help, who you are, your name and address, I will post my proof that the Marseille combat reports are real.

I am in the process of having a forensic handwriting expert compare the signatures on the combat reports with other known original signatures. I am still looking for other original documents, especially German-Italian campaign medal documents signed by Marseille, to forward for comparison. I am also in the process of having the other issues you raised about the combat reports examined by other forensic experts. This takes time and quite a bit of money,20 times what you paid Herrn Haas. You are costing me much time and money to prove something I know is real to be original. I am doing this for one reason, you are attempting to ruin my reputation, which I do not appreciate. If your original goal was to cost me money and time, you have suceeded!

I am not posting here anymore until you properly identify yourself to me, in a manner that can be verified. You say I have no proof to sue you, so why do you not want to tell me, and all of the other collectors you are trying to help, who you are? I find it hard to believe that collectors would listen to opinions about the originality of collectibles on the internet from someone who they do not know, nor do they know his level of expertise. I have been in this business for 25 years, I have met, spoken to, obtained signatures from, and enjoyed personal friendships with HUNDREDS of Knights Cross winners. This has been my passion for years, I do not sit at home and forge signatures for a living! This is ridiculous.

So, it is now up to you "Jeremy", tell us who you are and where you live. If you do not answer that question I see no reason for continuing this discussion. I do not think that is an unreasonable demand.

Stefan Koerlin
Germany

no offer
Old 09-26-2011, 04:34 AM   #184
Jeremy

Default no offer

Stefan, there is no requirement for anyone to post their name and address here, and knowledge of such information is irrelevant to the notion of ‘expertise’ or the posting of content on any forum. It's just your feeble excuse for avoiding having to deal with the questions in post #256.

You wrongly assume I claim to be ‘the expert’ (as opposed to your own self-promotion), but the Marseille, Hartmann, Schnaufer, and Rudel threads raise sufficiently serious concerns about your apparent involvement in the on-going supply of notable amounts of certain dubious material, beyond the fake Marseille combat report you sold. All the information is on the related threads for readers to decide, anyway.

While no one disputes that you have visited many knights cross holders (for your monetary gain, of course), in what way does that address all of the specific questions I posed related to the dodgy wartime signatures? I’ll leave it to readers to judge the real reasons as to why you are unwilling to address the given questions. BTW, I think you and your believers are doing a good enough job of ruining your reputation without my help.

Your argument that paying 20 times more for an analysis somehow equates to you being certain of your material, or that your 'forensic tests' are in some way better, is rather simplistic. Haas is a world-renowned expert. You and Frost are foolish to ignore his findings or his services, or have you sent him some combat reports already and you didn’t get the result you hoped for, so you are running around looking for an alternative??

That you state you are now having your Marseille combat reports ‘forensically tested’ merely confirms you and Frost deceived readers on ehangar about having this ‘proof’ already for every one of your 158 combat reports and the other stuff you supply Frost. In any case, I am sure we all look forward to you providing us with the results from the 'forensic tests' when you eventually locate someone to do them and who is able to provide a positive outcome for you...

Herr Haas Appraisal
Old 09-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #185
pfeil335

Default Herr Haas Appraisal

Stefan,

You say this is hurting your business, that is a shame and not the aim of anyone here, just a consequence of reasonable analytical questions being asked and NOT being answered by you.
Again, collectors only want information to allow them to tell what is authentic and what is not.
You seem to fear clarity....your refusal to answer ANY of Jeremy's reasonable questions, makes it seem like you have something to hide.

Both the signature and aviation art collecting communities seek the answers to those questions. They will not go away even with threats of legal action and gagging orders by you...

Now....
If you were to post here right now for all to see, the appraisal documents of the Marseille Combat Reports YOU have presumably sent to the renowned typewriter expert Herr Haas to counter the negative one posted here earlier, then surely that would help your case and go a long way to restore confidence?

Please post any Haas appraisals of any other Marseille Combat Reports you may have sent, ...it will help your cause with collectors and help to banish doubt.....

pfeil

Last edited by pfeil335; 09-26-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #186
Simon O.

It's been my intention to try and leave this thread as free of censorhip as possible in order to give all the opportunity to make up their own minds, both with the evidence presented and the responses from both sides. Some of the posts, again, from both sides have been getting personal or threatening and it's gone far enough

I'm now giving notice that further discussion on the subject must stick to the items being discussed.

no more threats, attempts to bully members into revealing their personal details, speculation on anyone's integrity or accusations.

Any further such behaviour will result in an infraction and the exclusion of that member from any further posting in this thread.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #187
Eric JB

For many years signatures from the factory of fakes did find their way into many collections all over the entire world.

Collectors all over the world do have those factory of fakes signatures in their collection.

Not only the factory of fakes is selling those signatures, other dealers are selling them too.

Collectors who ended collecting brought those factory of fakes signatures on the market again.

And there are even sellers around, who sell factory of fakes signatures under their own name, not mentioning that their signatures are coming from the factory of fakes.

Not that long ago a friend was offered a large collection of signed photos, clippings and signed pieces of paper........among them several clearly bearing the factory of fakes brand mark.

So to say a mixture of good and bad signatures in that large collection.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Haas
Old 11-11-2011, 08:51 AM   #188
Jeremy

Default Haas

This is a link to an interesting documentary (in German) on Hitler's relatives... at approx 14.00 mins you will see Herr Haas (the world-renowned expert in typewriters who identified the Marseille combat report sold by Koerlin as a fake) being interviewed regarding documents...

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/haupt...itlers-Familie

There should be more information on the #6 fake Marseille combat report in December...

more crap
Old 11-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #189
Jeremy

Default more crap

Where ever you look you will find a fake factory Marseille sig... the top clippings are interesting with the same magazine picture (one of these was previously posted)... also interesting are the dates, with sept 42 again popular for some reason...

all these (plus a load more of hoffmann cards with same sig)... ten a penny

The last photo with the watermark says it all really...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg update1.jpg (70.4 KB, 1713 views)
File Type: jpg update2.jpg (74.2 KB, 1704 views)

Old 11-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #190
Simon O.

I gave fair warning and it was ignored. This thread is now closed.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #191
Simon O.

Important and relevant new information has now come to light about the discussed combat reports

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=562075

Closed Thread