wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present

Bundesrepublik Deutschland, 1949-Present From West Germany through to the modern reunified German Republic.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #16
Adrian Stevenson
Administrator

Please welcome Gordon as one of your Mods for this forum. I have just put him in place.

Cheers, Ade.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #17
Ralph P
Forums Moderator

Gordon - Welcome aboard...if you need any assistance please let me know...I will for sure be around...
Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Old 04-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #18
MaxxBrunn1938

Lets hear it for Gordon

Hurrah Hurrah Hurrah!!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #19
Gordon Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene T View Post
... but is your name Craig or Criag? I think most of us instinctively (mis?)read it as the former, yet it isn't the way your user name is spelled.

I also notice that Bernhard's recent Bundesgendarmerie thread has been relocated here. Does that mean post war Austrian militaria topics are welcome here as well, even though they technically involve a different country? With the departure of BRD from the International forum, most of the traffic there will be SE Asia related (unless and until that too spins off into its own forum). Perhaps the Bundesheer would feel more comfortable hanging out with its Bundeswehr cousin over here than with the ARVN strangers over there?

Gene T
Gene T,

In the dim dark days when the WAF was first formed, (and 56k was high speed?) I became one of the first 50 members of the forum. Unfortunately, that didn't help my two finger typing skill and I made a typo in my last name when I registered as a member. I requested that the web master correct my spelling mistake but it seemed that this could not be done. Since then my log on name, and hence my name on the forum, has remained as I first registered. It is way too late to change it now so it will remain as Criag for ever. My wife, however, says we will not be changing our last name!

Regards,

Gordon

Old 04-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #20
Mike G.

Hi Gordon,

Congratulations on your new position as "Moderator" of the WAF Bundesrepublik sub-forum.
I am personally thrilled that you were selected.

Your presence here insures this new forum great success.

I look forward to watching this forum flourish and grow, as I know it will under your keen leadership, guidance and tutelage.

Well done, mate.

M60-A2 Tank Commander Cold War proverb: “You can accomplish more with a kind word and a ‘Shillelagh’ than you can with just a kind word.”

Old 04-28-2009, 12:47 AM   #21
Gordon Craig

Michael,

Thanks for the kind words. I have a good role model to follw in the way you and Ralph have shaped the DDR Forum.

My thanks also to others who supported me as a possible moderator.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 04-29-2009, 09:13 PM   #22
Capt. R
Association Member

Capitalism has triumphed! A long overdue forum! Thanks for starting this forum dedicated to West German militaria.

Congrats is due to Gordon in becoming the moderator. He is sure to do a great job as he is certainly qualified and experienced in this field.

Maybe Klaus could co-moderate if he expressed an interest.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #23
SCHUPO

Congratulations Gordon! Now you are going to have to drag out some of those goodies and photograph them.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:09 AM   #24
Adrian Stevenson
Administrator

Hi Guys, please extend a welcome to Thomas J. Cullinane Jr. as your joint forum Mod. He was formerly known as "Guardian 5" to you all.

Cheers, Ade.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #25
Mike G.

I love it when seudo-names are changed out for real names (mysteriously happens when members become moderators).

Welcome Thomas J. Cullinane Jr.

I wish all the best to both you and to Gordon with respect to the success of this new forum.

Cheers,

M60-A2 Tank Commander Cold War proverb: “You can accomplish more with a kind word and a ‘Shillelagh’ than you can with just a kind word.”

Old 05-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #26
Gordon Craig

Micahesl,

Thanks for the good wishes. Nice to have a second hand on the tiller. Like you I like to see peoples names. I am in touch with a lot of people through emails and PMs on the forum and it is sometime difficult to keep the correct personal name linked to the forum name.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 05-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #27
Gordon Craig

Thomas J. Cullinan Jr.

Otherwise known as TJ, glad to have you as a partner. Looking forward to working with you to make this forum THE place to be for West German collectors/enthusiasts.

Regards,

Gordon

Old 05-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #28
Ralph P
Forums Moderator

Hello TJ - CONGRATS!!! This forum has a strong team along with having members who enjoy collecting Bundesrepublik Deutschland items...
Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Old 05-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #29
Bernhard

Hi TJ !

My congratulations too !
I am sure that you and Gordon were the best choice.

Regards

Bernhard

Old 05-04-2009, 05:52 PM   #30
Guardian 5
Association Member

Kameraden - Thanks so much for your words of welcome.

I didn't think life could get any better after the BRD Forum was finally established last month, that is until this past weekend when Ralph Pickard informed me that I was chosen to be a forum moderator.

I will strive to do my utmost to validate the panel's faith and confidence in me and will endeavor with my colleagues Gordon and Ralph to maintain the high standards we've all come to expect from the WAF.

Thanks again for your welcome. I look forward to working with everyone to expand the body of original knowledge on the Bundesrepublik Deutschland with new and exciting information.

Horrido!

T.J. Cullinane

(formerly known as Guardian 5)