wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Firearms Forum

Firearms Forum Focused on the guns of the Third Reich, but posts on firearms from other WW II countries are also welcomed.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:26 PM   #16
rick123

Sorry to say Post War, but still sounds like a decent Rifle, bcd 's are scarce, there's one on Gunbroker all matching right now that's at 3k, and still has a week left.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:41 PM   #17
VPEP
Association Member

Who most likely would have done this? Post war German defense forces, Russians, or just some collector?

Old 04-01-2016, 05:26 PM   #18
rick123

Collector or Dealer, a matching numbered Rifle is worth more than a non matching, and there is always someone that maybe new to collecting or not know enough about that particular item. Most including myself have had it happen to us in one way or another during our collecting life either by being young and naive, or by an unscrupulous dealer trying to pass an item off. The Rifle you have may not be a top dollar investment grade Example, but still a representative German WW2 semi auto Rifle.

Old 04-01-2016, 06:10 PM   #19
VPEP
Association Member

Well I thank you for the information. I bought it when I was young and naive, so that makes sense. It was the matching serial numbers that grabbed me, if I remember correctly. Just a few reference books on proof marks would have saved me a lot of money back then.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:47 AM   #20
FestungSpanien
Association Member

Bcd's were often completed or repaired with Walther spare parts because of poor works in the assembly factory (sabotage)

What do you folks think of the WaAs on the stock? I am afraid I don't like'em

I am very interested in GJR GebirgsJäger Regiment unit marked items - Looking for any of them

Stock
Old 04-02-2016, 05:13 AM   #21
Ir 143

Default Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FestungSpanien View Post
Bcd's were often completed or repaired with Walther spare parts because of poor works in the assembly factory (sabotage)

What do you folks think of the WaAs on the stock? I am afraid I don't like'em
For me, the stock is been re polished.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:57 AM   #22
VPEP
Association Member

I did take the bolt off last night and the numbers did match. Unfortunately I did not have my camera available to photograph it. It also had the serial number electropened on it as well.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #23
SINGLE CLAW

IMO looking at the Pic it certainly appears as if Rail has been machined off . Can You post a Downward Pic as if viewing from top of Receiver . This should reveal if Rail is there or not . Best Regards

Old 04-02-2016, 05:30 PM   #24
VPEP
Association Member

Here is a shot from the top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (73.3 KB, 134 views)

Old 04-02-2016, 06:00 PM   #25
bodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPEP View Post
Here is a shot from the top.
It's there....Bodes

Old 04-02-2016, 10:51 PM   #26
Matt Weber

The stock appears to have been sanded IMO. (which is commonly found on these). However, it looks like someone re-numbered, and poorly attempted to add waffenampts to it as well. The waffenampts are totally wrong.

Matt

Old 04-04-2016, 10:23 AM   #27
STG44 ZF

Very nice!

Old 04-04-2016, 01:00 PM   #28
rick123

I believe the stock has been switched out , the receiver, and bolt carrier are stamped to try to match to the stock as the bcd original serial is 545c. Looking at the stock it's really hard to tell what's been done with these photos. I am not knocking your photos , but really need better photos to determine more about proofs, and serial number on the stock. The stock could have very well been messed with prior to being switched out, and then the receiver, and bolt carrier stamped to match. There would be no reason if this was the original stock to apply the wrong proofs, and serial after Refinishing stock, and then to stamp receiver, and bolt carrier to match.
The other thing I noticed, but again picture is blurry, the bolt carrier looks like it has what appears to be a E/359 proof that's half covered by the restamped serial number. The picture is blurry so I may be mistaken, but the original bolt carrier should have the bcd v proof on it unless it was machined off when restamping numbers.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:04 PM   #29
VPEP
Association Member

I know the photos are not top quality, and I do apologize for that, but you mentioned that the bolt carrier had machine marks where the old numbers were ground off and re-stamped. It looked pretty smooth to me, but what am I missing that you are seeing. I'm not questioning your knowledge, just asking to help expand mine.

Thanks,
Vic

Old 04-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #30
rick123

No problem, the photo is very blurry, and perhaps the numbers have not been re done as it just appears this way in the photo, maybe you can try to take another photo more in focus ,and it will tell a different story. I understand it's not always easy to get the best photos.