wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Achtung Panzer! Forum

Achtung Panzer! Forum This forum is designated to discuss the equipment, battles and people of the Panzertruppe.

2nd Jagdpanther rebuild starts 2018
Old 12-01-2017, 02:43 PM   #1
ENGLISH BOB

Default 2nd Jagdpanther rebuild starts 2018

Hi Guys,
I thought I'd add this bit of cheer for Christmas and the new year!,it rhymes

This is the only bit of information I currently have but it came directly from Mike Gibb /Weald Foundation their next project scheduled for 2018 is a 2nd Jagdpanther restoration so you'll be able to look forward to seeing 2 jadgpanthers together moving around under there own steam. what a set of pictures that will make + the videos
It will be sold at some point,though hopefully it will stay in the UK, but the money raised from the sale will go to fund other armoured projects which is great news which i'm sure you'll all agree...

Maybe one day fingers crossed we'll get a descent remake of the battle of the bulge with real German armour and not filmed in spain

This is all the info currently available

Cheers
Bob

Old 12-01-2017, 02:49 PM   #2
whsammler

It’s a Festivus miracle!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-01-2017, 02:56 PM   #3
ENGLISH BOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsammler View Post
It’s a Festivus miracle!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh lord sweet Jesus,it is

Old 12-01-2017, 03:09 PM   #4
me6_130
Association Member

Well, in Spain we still have 3 Pzkpfw IV, 4 StuGs III and at least 2 PzKpfw I. If well restored, they could take part in a new remake of the battle of the bulge

Oh! also plenty of 88s PaK40s and other artillery in army barracks.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=649712

Carles

Old 12-01-2017, 03:14 PM   #5
Peter Wiking

Peter

Old 12-01-2017, 03:35 PM   #6
ENGLISH BOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by me6_130 View Post
Well, in Spain we still have 3 Pzkpfw IV, 4 StuGs III and at least 2 PzKpfw I. If well restored, they could take part in a new remake of the battle of the bulge

Oh! also plenty of 88s PaK40s and other artillery in army barracks.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=649712

Carles
Yes Carles,your resto guys are doing a very nice job on your German armour,that Mk IV looks brand new
It would be lovely to see some descent remakes of old war films with a correct format,no good filming in Spain when the battle took place in the middle of winter,while I loved the film as a youngster and the Pz. Lied sing song its shockingly bad in all aspects as i'm sure you'll agree with me and patton tanks just don't cut the mustard .All it takes is a coming together of minds to make things happen,the outcome of the film will still be the same but the quality would be on a higher plain keep the fingers crossed

Cheers
Bob

Old 12-01-2017, 04:04 PM   #7
Lloyds
Association Member

the second jgd panther is going to take some doing what little there is is in a realy bad way in fact its a shot to bits range wreck Gib removed anything usable for jgd panther No 1.it has no wheels,track,engine gear box ,internal fittings ,roof engine covers and gun not a lot of body and what is left is covered with 100s of shell holes and it is nearly broken in two it would be simpler to ignore the wreck and build a new one from scratch and i remember him saying No 1 cost so much it nearly broke him never again

Old 12-01-2017, 04:22 PM   #8
me6_130
Association Member

Well, I gave them a hand with their MG Werkzeug boxes, so they might have one for the Jadpanther...If not, I still have 6 at home

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=675091

Carles

Old 12-02-2017, 04:40 AM   #9
johann mor

It will be fantastic to see the restoration and eventually see another one saved, lets just hope that it stays in the UK.

Jon

Old 12-02-2017, 05:22 AM   #10
ENGLISH BOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by johann mor View Post
It will be fantastic to see the restoration and eventually see another one saved, lets just hope that it stays in the UK.

Jon
Hi Jon

I would imagine it would probably go to KW in some sort of deal ,I'd doubt he'd give up the opportunity to own a running JP,but who knows

Yes hopefully we'll see some step by step pics & fingers crossed maybe even some video of the rebuild

How about a few updates on your own page Jon?,were all keen as mustard to see how things are progressing with your baby

Best
Bob

Tiger ii
Old 12-03-2017, 05:05 AM   #11
Lennard

Default Tiger ii

Attention Peter Wiking,

Unable to send you information as the "system" is saying that you mail inbox is full and will not receive more e-mails.

cheers lennard

Old 12-06-2017, 11:42 AM   #12
Peter Wiking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennard View Post
Attention Peter Wiking,

Unable to send you information as the "system" is saying that you mail inbox is full and will not receive more e-mails.

cheers lennard
Thank you Lennard, it is open again. Make a new try.

Peter

Old 12-06-2017, 11:58 AM   #13
Lloyds
Association Member

[QUOTE=ENGLISH BOB;8005009]Hi Jon

I would imagine it would probably go to KW in some sort of deal ,I'd doubt he'd give up the opportunity to own a running JP,but who knows

Yes hopefully we'll see some step by step pics & fingers crossed maybe even some video of the rebuild

i doubt this will come to anything but if it did i am sure Mr Gibb will put it on his website but you will have to pay to see it his website is not free
and as for KW buying it they will have to start talking to each other first,But maybe Kevin has a better one lined up elsewear

Old 12-06-2017, 12:10 PM   #14
ENGLISH BOB

[QUOTE=Lloyds;8009708]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH BOB View Post
Hi Jon

i doubt this will come to anything but if it did i am sure Mr Gibb will put it on his website but you will have to pay to see it his website is not free
and as for KW buying it they will have to start talking to each other first,But maybe Kevin has a better one lined up elsewear
There you go again!,more negative waves!,.....why can't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change

Old 12-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #15
johann mor

Hi Bob,

I will update the thread in the near future as there's not much to see for all the hours that I have recently put in. I have been machining all the suspension radius arm pivot bearing houses, so hours of standing still watching the chuck go round and round and .............

Jon