wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Firearms Forum

Firearms Forum Focused on the guns of the Third Reich, but posts on firearms from other WW II countries are also welcomed.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:00 AM   #16
Stinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopop71 View Post
Stinch:
I would have thought the riveted pouches were early war. I have seen pics of these being used at all stages of the war. Neither of my pouches have a Swaz
or waffenampt. The riveted one is of a thinner leather.
geopop
Rivets of some type were used in all pouches. The early pouches have a rivet with a reenforcement washer at places where stitching would not be durable enough. These areas include, belt straps and lower loops, clip dividers, and equipment d-ring loop. By mid/late war a round head rivet began replacing stitching in all parts on the pouch except for the back.

Waffenamts on K98 pouches are unheard of. If someone has one and it is determined to not be a fake, that would be a rare pouch indeed! Kriegsmarine stamped pouches have a small and sometimes indistinguishable swastika. I'm not aware of any other use.

Anything is possible with K98 pouches, that's what makes collecting/researching them so much fun. I never know what I'll find around the next corner.

Rich

Old 01-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #17
P08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinch View Post
Waffenamts on K98 pouches are unheard of. If someone has one and it is determined to not be a fake, that would be a rare pouch indeed! Kriegsmarine stamped pouches have a small and sometimes indistinguishable swastika. I'm not aware of any other use
Rich
So will a Heer ammo pouch have an eagle over a H now that the Kriegsmarine pouch has an eagle over M? The eagle over swastika/M is visible on mine (although not super clear).

Very nice homepage, I have bookmarked it. Oh and on my next militaria rally I'll make sure to give the ammo pouches a closer look now that new information has been made available to me. Thanks

Old 01-04-2007, 01:20 PM   #18
Stinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by P08 View Post
So will a Heer ammo pouch have an eagle over a H now that the Kriegsmarine pouch has an eagle over M? The eagle over swastika/M is visible on mine (although not super clear).

Very nice homepage, I have bookmarked it. Oh and on my next militaria rally I'll make sure to give the ammo pouches a closer look now that new information has been made available to me. Thanks
Heer pouches don't have a similar stamp as the KM ones. Maybe a unit impression inside one or more lids or lid straps. Look for the Luftwaffe stamp of "LBA" too. Some pouches have no markings at all.

Rich

K98 pouch
Old 05-03-2019, 08:53 AM   #19
Natla

Default K98 pouch

Hello everybody!I have also got my hands on few of K98 ammo pouches,that by condition look authentic.With two of them I have problem identifying what is stamped on them.I think one of them has adam on it,and the other has Nurnberg.Both of them have other letters as well,but I simply can't identify what is written.Some of you may know other simmilar stamp examples so I hope you can help me in this conquest .Last one has Dresden Gebruder Klinge written on it.What I would really appreciate if someone could tell me value of these three pouches.