wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Uniforms and Equipment > Achtung Panzer! Forum

Achtung Panzer! Forum This forum is designated to discuss the equipment, battles and people of the Panzertruppe.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #16
feind-hort-mit

[IMG]DSC_3886[/IMG]

Old 05-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #17
feind-hort-mit

Hope the pictures help Pete,
The springs I have are too big, they are to show how it should look all together.

Just have a look at the drilled holes in the centre example, what a it should never have gotten past the Wa.pruf

[IMG]DSC_3883[/IMG]
====

Ice Cleat Pins
Old 05-15-2018, 05:33 AM   #18
Recymech

Default Ice Cleat Pins

Thanks Ian, great help.

Your right, I did have a closer look at my two springs and there are pins still in there. I have now placed the springs back into my de-rusting tub (filled with Vinegar) and will see what transpires.

If the old pins are still ok then I will use them – if not then I will replace those as well.

Interesting to see on your photos that the two sets of pins are of a different length.

You say the you have "done three..two more to do" - are they all Tiger ones?

Kind regards,
Pete.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #19
feind-hort-mit

Hi Pete, and fellow collectors.
How's the vinegar bath have the original pins made it safely ?.
You're quite correct, even though one pair is bent..there are different lengths.
I do wonder how long they would have stayed locked onto the track link..they're doing a big supporting job..with not much to hold them in place.
I'm embarrassed to say..yes..I have 5 tiger-1 examples
Best regards, Ian "feind-hort-mit"

Tiger Ice Cleats
Old 08-07-2018, 04:00 AM   #20
Recymech

Default Tiger Ice Cleats

Hi Ian and all Enthusiasts,

Ok - the vinigar bath went very well and I managed to get the two pins out.
They were in good condition and were fitted straight to the Ice Cleat.
Sadly I forgot to take pictures of them before they went in.

However - here is the Ice Cleat fitted to one of my Track Links.

Kind Regards,

Pete

Link pieces.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #21
nomis

Default Link pieces.

Hi.

Hope you paid a sensible price for the links AND the small pieces of links.

There are currently 'chancers' out there asking absolutely rediculous amounts of money for these.
PLEASE people, don't be ripped of by these people.

S.

Sensible Prices ?
Old 08-07-2018, 01:37 PM   #22
Recymech

Default Sensible Prices ?

Hi all,

O.k. - so what is a sensible price for items that we are after?

In my mind it depends on how bad you want a particular item and how much you are prepared to pay for it to get it.

I will try and get the best price that I can - but I will also shop around.

Some of my item's I probably paid a bit too much for - but others I got at a bargain price, so things can balance out.

I have been on the look out for a Transport Track Link for a few years now and have never come a cross one for sale !
How much would I pay for one ? Not going to say - but it would be at least double to what I paid for my early Tiger Track Link.

If you have one then let me know !

An item is worth what you are prepared to pay for it, but yes, don't get ripped off.

Kind regards,

Pete

Old 08-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #23
kastensfh18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recymech View Post
Hi all,

Some of my item's I probably paid a bit too much for - but others I got at a bargain price, so things can balance out.

How much would I pay for one ? Not going to say - but it would be at least double to what I paid for my early Tiger Track Link.

If you have one then let me know !

An item is worth what you are prepared to pay for it, but yes, don't get ripped off.
Balance : yes, I have the same opinion. Don't want to make only bargains.

I paid same price as a late Tiger Track Link for my transport TTL ( La Gleize 2014 ). The next one is for you !

Ripped off: means don't pay twice the average value on the market !

Also : Buy with passion and not like at Wall Street

Eric

Really ???????????????????
Old 08-08-2018, 03:31 AM   #24
nomis

Default Really ???????????????????

Any item is not ' worth what you are prepared to pay'. That is a nonsense statement and is why in today's society scumbags are able to rip off simpletons with more money than sense.

Worth it to Me !
Old 08-08-2018, 04:32 AM   #25
Recymech

Default Worth it to Me !

Thanks for your comment Eric - and I look forward to a TTL when it's available !

Ok - Let’s put 'Is it Worth the Price ?' to bed as we are getting away from the Subject of Ice Cleats and into a different discussion.

I think you missed my point there nomis when you posted:
"Any item is not ' worth what you are prepared to pay'. That is a nonsense statement ..."

My point is that what I pay for an item is what it is worth it to Me as an individual.

Yes - it may be more than what is perceived as a Market Value - which is what I think you are on about.

The person who first found my Ice Cleat got it for free – what he sold it for was pure profit.

Over time, when it changed hands between Collectors/Dealers each would have added to the price to make some profit/gain – some perhaps being a bit more greedy than others – but that’s business.

Eventually I came across the opportunity to buy it – did I pay more for it compared to those who traded it earlier – most probably yes.

I think we would all love to find this stuff ourselves in the first place - or deal with the first line traders/dealers – or even get one given from a fellow enthusiast/collector or friend (Big Hint)

Then of course you add the name Tiger I and the price shoots up compared to the likes of a Panther or other Tanks.

As long as my Wife doesn’t give my collection to a scrap metal merchant when I’m pushing up daisies then I’ll be Happy with what I pay for and Life will be Worth It To Me.

Hopefully – End of Subject !!

Kind regards,

Pete

Last edited by Recymech; 08-08-2018 at 05:13 AM.

The trouble is....................
Old 08-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #26
nomis

Default The trouble is....................

Point noted, but...................................

The trouble is that people are paying far,far too much for some of this stuff that it's simply driving the prices up and up and up and it's just nonsense.

The only people benefiting are those who will take 'as much as they can get' and we, the genuine enthusiasts are being ripped-off as a direct result.

Remember when houses were affordable ? Same damned problem. Remember, sellers will generally take as much as they can get.
It's up to us, the buyers, to be sensible and stop perpetuating an ever increasing and frankly rediculous , rise in costs.

If people won' t pay rediculous prices, sellers can' t then ask and sell for rediculous prices.
Just because a person has shed loads of money does not relieve them of the responsibility to pay sensible prices..............for anything.

S.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:57 PM   #27
feind-hort-mit

If you don't pay the prices.. you don't get the items ?.
I paid huge money for my first, then recently with the big find of thirty or more the price plummeted, so I bought four more, supply and demand..reap while you can.
I love to buy small bits and try to make them work, or look better, and restore for the future.
I look most days at the tiger items on eBay, there are hideous prices for some items..but get in touch with the seller and you'd be surprised how they might offer a better deal.
Try it..you see a price..there is another way other than moaning about the high prices, it's another way to let the sellers know they're asking too much.
Cheers all..Ian "feind-hort-mit"

Old 08-09-2018, 03:08 PM   #28
Recymech

Totally Agree Ian,

Done the same for most of my stuff - including the Ice Cleat and postage charges.

Kind regards, Pete.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #29
feind-hort-mit

Evening Pete and all
Forgot the other thing I forgot to mention..great display mate
My first tiger item was a winter track link, but it was all worn and tatty, I found a really nice example with great chevrons and makers marks, but both suffered badly from delamination..they were losing metal daily, I finally took the plunge and chipped off all the lose rust.
It was years before I had any idea of the best way to restore..I ended up hammerite painting them both, black /grey with bright highlights, not perfect but they are still together
I have to say I've never seen a transport link for sale, I'd love one.. but first on that list is an early bar example, the price is relatively high at the moment..time to give myself my own advise
I'm looking forward to putting up a few more restorations of my tiger items, I had a a few surprises along the way
Take care, Ian "feind-hort-mit"

Sort of puts it into Perspective
Old 08-10-2018, 04:41 AM   #30
Recymech

Default Sort of puts it into Perspective

My Final Bit On Prices !

Or

I know what I'd rather pay out for

For me - this puts pricing of stuff into Perspective a bit.

If you want or need Designer gear, then shop around !

Mind You, that Hermes Diamond Handbag would match my Dress for the weekend - and I fancy a change of Perfume, so the Roja it is then
What’s a bit of Money between friends Get it while you still can, and most of all - enjoy it.

All currently for sale now! - and Sorry for coming off Thread subject as well. Will not happen again !!

Kind regards,

Pete.

Last edited by Recymech; 08-10-2018 at 05:33 AM.