wehrmacht awards


Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Imperial Militaria Forum

Imperial Militaria Forum The discussion and study of Imperial German awards and of their Central Powers Allies from the First World War

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 09-15-2002, 05:22 AM   #16
Daniel Krause
Member
 
Daniel Krause's Avatar
 
Daniel Krause is offline
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,784
Default

Hi Glenn, nice pics! Congratulaitons!

2nd one has a typical "multinational" ribbon bar. I LIKE it!

BTW, I have only 4 Württemberg crown order bars, so only around 2 %, the other 98 % are still somewhere; BUT I WILL GET ALL!!!!

Best regards

Daniel
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2002, 06:11 AM   #17
Glenn2438
Member
 
Glenn2438's Avatar
 
Glenn2438 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Normally Yorkshire, England, working in Germany
Posts: 1,035
Default

Hi Daniel,

Oberst Bauer had also quite a postwar career including service as a military advisor in Spain, Argentina and China.

Here is a photograph of the 1st Army Staff in the late summer of 1916. Army commander General der Infanterie Fritz von Below his flanked by his two principal general staff officers:

Oberst Fritz von Lossberg - chief of staff
Oberstleutnant Konrad von Redern - Quartermaster

Both are wearing the M1907 field grey tunic with swedish cuffs. The staff officer to von Lossberg's left is wearing the M1915 pattern "Bluse".

Glenn

  Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2002, 06:41 AM   #18
Glenn2438
Member
 
Glenn2438's Avatar
 
Glenn2438 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Normally Yorkshire, England, working in Germany
Posts: 1,035
Default

Here is a prewar photograph of the staff of either the third army corps with the corps commander, General der Infanterie Karl von Bülow pictured with a map in his left hand. The field officer third to von Bülow's left is clearly identified as a general staff officer with his adjutants' sash and square cut peak to his pickelhaube.

It should be noted that the corps chief of staff did not wear an adjutants' sash but just the normal officers' field belt.

The artillery officer to von Bülow's right wearing an adjutants' sash is not a general staff officer and probably the corps adjutant.

Glenn

  Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2002, 08:28 AM   #19
ccj
Member
 
ccj's Avatar
 
ccj is offline
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: North America
Posts: 1,936
Default

Wonderful!!!!


I new I would wake up to find staff officers looking back at me on this forum.
Thanks Glenn.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2002, 10:56 AM   #20
Rick Research
Member
 
Rick Research is offline
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NE US of A
Posts: 15,875
Default

I'll start a new thread because this one is already taking too long to download
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2004, 01:51 AM   #21
landsknechte
Member
 
landsknechte's Avatar
 
landsknechte is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Dunwoody, GA
Posts: 3,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn2438
Hi Daniel,

Oberst Bauer had also quite a postwar career including service as a military advisor in Spain, Argentina and China.

Here is a photograph of the 1st Army Staff in the late summer of 1916. Army commander General der Infanterie Fritz von Below his flanked by his two principal general staff officers:

Oberst Fritz von Lossberg - chief of staff
Oberstleutnant Konrad von Redern - Quartermaster

Both are wearing the M1907 field grey tunic with swedish cuffs. The staff officer to von Lossberg's left is wearing the M1915 pattern "Bluse".

Glenn

Is it just me, or does the guy on the far left (in the middle) look like he's sporting a Mohawk?

--Chris
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump






vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com