View Single Post

Captain Theodore A. Wilson
Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
Cassidy

Default Captain Theodore A. Wilson

Captain Theodore A. Wilson
17th Airborne Division, 681 GFAB
ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 20908763 (Enlisted)

Here is a copy of his Death Notice and a photo of the Jump Jacket worn by Captain Wilson. Same Division as my Dad, I wonder if they ever met?

He was born December 16, 1917. Grass Range Montana. Enlisted on 3 March 1941 in Yuba City California. Originally from Grass Range Montana. Deceased 6 March 2006, Commissioned as a U.S. Army Artillery Officer. His obituary notice states that he first served in the Pacific as an Anti-Submarine and Anti-Air Craft Gunner on a Merchant Marine Vessel. He was a Battle of the Bulge Veteran and served with the 17th Airborne Division. His name is listed in the 17th Airborne History. His photo is in the earlier produced 17ht Airborne photo album.

I need to get to NARA to do more research. There is evidently more info on him in NARA BOX NUMBER , 0366 , FILM REEL NUMBER 3.87#

P.S. Unfortunately, the 17th ABN is under-rated. Operation Varsity had a press black out. I suspect that Market Garden may have contributed to this? It was also eclipsed due to the Remagen Bridge head. The 17 needs a book and a movie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CPTWilson.jpg (59.7 KB, 1876 views)
File Type: jpg CPT Wilson.jpg (72.0 KB, 1876 views)