View Single Post

Where awards should be entered in personal papers etc.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:18 AM   #1
Ian Jewison
Ian Jewison's Avatar
Ian Jewison is offline
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Lincolnshire, UK. Lifetime member #004
Posts: 10,471
Default Where awards should be entered in personal papers etc.

Here is an extract from "Orden und Ehrenzeichen" - "Sammeldruck der geltenden Bestimmungen" vom 25.6.1941.

All orders, decorations and badges that may be worn were entered in the following locations:

1. In Wehrpaß
a) On page 21, field 22 in active military service (also in war) awarded badges.
b) On page 23, field 24, during the active military service, with conscription also during the war awarded orders and decorations.
c) On page 38, field 35, during reserve status awarded orders and decorations.

2. In Wehrstammbuch
a) On page 14, field 22, badges, awards, prizes etc. which are awarded during active military service.
b) On page 44, field 24 and 35 orders and decorations which are awarded during active military service and military service in reserve status.
4. In Soldbuch
On page 22 all the soldiers (Officials) during their membership in the "war army" (field and Reserve Army) conferred awards including trade badge, assault badge, wound badge, 13.3.1938 Medal, 1.10.1938 Medal, Memel Land Medal, West Wall Medal.

2. Awards conferred in war are to be entered immediately after official notification. They are to be confirmed(see the corresponding forms in the pay book and in war master roll sheet) with signature, rank, service stamp etc.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg May26#01.jpg (241.5 KB, 483 views)
File Type: jpg May26#02.jpg (231.6 KB, 481 views)
Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1
  Reply With Quote