Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wehrmacht Equipment Forum (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   SOS DAK Equipment Score - All Items Stuffed Inside a Heer Tropical Clothing Bag (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577825)

Colorado 02-27-2012 07:22 AM

SOS DAK Equipment Score - All Items Stuffed Inside a Heer Tropical Clothing Bag

2 Attachment(s)
Had a great time meeting up with old friends at SOS, but as far as finding items I was disappointed for 1.5 days.

Around noon on Friday, I spotted this bag behind a dealer table. I have seen many standard briefcase style clothing bags, but never had seen a tropical model.

I asked the dealer if I could see the bag and he told me he was selling the bag and it's contents for a collector back home and he would only sell as a group. So, I knelt on the concrete floor in the midst of a large crowd and pulled the following items below out of this bag; and in one transaction I forgot about my previous lack of success.

Here is what I started with.......The bag has a maker mark under the carrying handle, but it's no longer legible.

Colorado 02-27-2012 07:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Then I pulled out this mint tropical canteen, marked " RFI 41 ".

Then I pulled out this gas cape bag marked, " gdn " and "Tp" for tropical.

Colorado 02-27-2012 07:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Then, I pulled out some Maker Marked and 1942 dated tropical Y-straps. Followed by an early Maker Marked (not RBNr.) tropical breadbag in great shape.

Colorado 02-27-2012 07:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Then came out a Maker Marked (not RBNr.) breadbag strap. After that, came out an MP40 pouch. The pouch is marked " MP. 38 u. 40 " on the reverse and it looks like " BM? 4? " under the strap above the loader pouch and the middle strap has the eagle stamp.

Tony T-S 02-27-2012 07:35 AM

NICE BAG :laugh: Well I'll be that made up for things. Wonderful find.

Colorado 02-27-2012 07:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Then came out a Gustav Brehmer (GB) marked buckle attached to a Maker Marked belt that is also marked 102 under the friction strip. It has a tropical D-ring attached to it.

Also came out something I have never seen before, a mint tropical scarf. It is maker marked, but hard to read. It's like a shirt sleeve (hollow in the middle, double sided with openings at both ends).

Colorado 02-27-2012 07:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Then came out a small tropical equipment strap.

Last and most importantly, the mint Carl Zeiss, Jena marked metal case came out. I have never seen a set like this before in my life. It contains not only mint sunglasses, but the original owner's manual still in it's original wrapper.

That's it!thumbsup A lot of stuff crammed in one bag! I barely bought anything else at SOS, but this one buy made my show.

Tony T-S 02-27-2012 07:43 AM

I spoke too soon, that's an incredible haul, wow

anmarlodz 02-27-2012 07:50 AM

Nice score ! congrats !

Grubhy 02-27-2012 08:21 AM

Instant DAK collectionthumbsup

Would You please show some more pics of scarf? Nice report Jeff, thanks for sharing.

Colorado 02-27-2012 12:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the comments. I am very happy.

Grubhy - Here are two photos of the scarf. The photos show both ends of the scarf and the maker mark on the inside of the tube. It measures 147cm long (58 inches) and is very thin rayon-like material.

HERMSDORF 02-27-2012 12:28 PM

Really Really Wonderful Items Jeff, Congratulationsthumbsup

Best Regards

Andy

hcliffe 02-27-2012 12:58 PM

This was an awesome score by Jeff. I was able to handle all these items at the show and they are top notch! thumbsup

AndyC 02-27-2012 01:01 PM

What a great "bag" find thumbsup Congrats

Andy

Thomas9 02-27-2012 01:26 PM

Nice stuff!
Amazingthumbsup

Thomas