Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Firearms Forum (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   W&P Show Purchases 2019 (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1012732)

timg 08-09-2019 01:05 PM

W&P Show Purchases 2019
 
2 Attachment(s)
Gents,

Items found and purchased at W&P this year.

Nearly all to be left as is, excepting for the odd dash of oil. Although I was considering a re paint on the Yugo green Laufbehalter.

timg 08-09-2019 01:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
..

timg 08-09-2019 01:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
wp..

timg 08-09-2019 01:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
wp............. 36 dated has later war legs fitted. They might fall off as I have a pair of WA4 marked legs. (naughty I know)

pzo 08-09-2019 03:00 PM

Tim, accept my most sincere congratulations! All beautiful early pieces. I love them. You must be reach or lucky or both:laugh: Great score!

Paul Ba 08-09-2019 03:26 PM

Very beutiful pieces!! I see there this PT-34 but price was to high for me [opps]

timg 08-10-2019 04:40 AM

Hi guys,

I can assure you I am far far from rich! (god I wish)

I have collected for a while now, some of which was of interest but not "core" to my interests. That gives me the opportunity for trading kit for stuff I really want.
Seems to have worked so far but for how long is another matter as good deals or finds are becoming harder and harder to get.

One of the belts a dealer had held for me as he knows my interest, however the other are found by getting very greasy and digging through loads of boxes. And a bit of luck of course (right place right time etc)

Question for you guys, on the bipods now I have very large clear images, the eagles are looking a little different, in fact one almost looks like a luft eagle? What do you think?? (and why as its an MG34 bipod)

Paul, No more PT34'S for me as they came in pairs and that's me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last but not least.......do I paint the barrel carrier or let sleeping dogs lie, in theory it would have been in three colour camouflage, but I think the strap is Yugo as well as it has no leather reinforcing as you would expect on an early strap.

Regards

Patty D 08-11-2019 07:52 AM

Very nice finds! thumbsup

Personally, I think the 34 barrel case would benefit from a repaint - if only for display purposes! There can't be too many worse colours than that sickly Yugo green...

timg 08-11-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty D (Post 8509679)
Very nice finds! thumbsup

Personally, I think the 34 barrel case would benefit from a repaint - if only for display purposes! There can't be too many worse colours than that sickly Yugo green...

Cheers Patty D,

I'm with you on the paint colour, it is a bit sick inducing, I have always wondered about it as its not even a very good shade for helping concealment really when you think about it. Pretty sure that Yugoslavia is not particularly that colour unless I am missing a trick?

Regards

Patty D 08-11-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timg (Post 8509757)
Cheers Patty D,

I'm with you on the paint colour, it is a bit sick inducing, I have always wondered about it as its not even a very good shade for helping concealment really when you think about it. Pretty sure that Yugoslavia is not particularly that colour unless I am missing a trick?

Regards

That's a good point! I wouldn't have thought so either, and if so, it was probably just the cheapest or most plentiful at the time...!? Either way, a three tone camo would definitely suit it and make a good winter project I'm sure!

pzo 08-11-2019 12:55 PM

Tim, keeping this lovely Laufschutzer in this condition deserves only for this::dave: Find pictures of nice original (unless You have one in collection), best if also 1937 dated and paint it as exact copy. It must be done!:peace:smilewink

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty D (Post 8509803)
That's a good point! I wouldn't have thought so either, and if so, it was probably just the cheapest or most plentiful at the time...!? Either way, a three tone camo would definitely suit it and make a good winter project I'm sure!


timg 08-11-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzo (Post 8509833)
Tim, keeping this lovely Laufschutzer in this condition deserves only for this::dave: Find pictures of nice original (unless You have one in collection), best if also 1937 dated and paint it as exact copy. It must be done!:peace:smilewink

PZO.........or may I call you PZ ? :)

I have been trying to find convincing images of MG34 gear in 3 colour camo for about 6 years now on and off, I have only found Ammo boxes and Laffette pics. So getting an image is easier said than done :laugh:

Never ever have I seen a Laufshutzer in full 3 colour except for tiny bits on my 36 dated one and of course the MG13 Kit that you see for sale. Even then, some is a really gloss finish and others more Matt. Difficult to make a decision.

Any advanced or long term collectors out in the big wide world who have a diamond MG34 barrel carrier in Wiemar 3 colour camo in the collection, most indebted if you could get a couple of colour pics up to give me a bit of direction{help}

pzo 08-11-2019 02:13 PM

PZ is more like Panzer. Sounds good though I have started as PZO - Polskie Zakłady Optyczne:laugh: Most period pictures are unfortunately black and white. Inside of my Rohrkasten for Flak 30 is painted in 3 colour camouflage pattern. If You wish I can try to make more close up pictures to determine if it is more gloss or Matt finish. Kasten is 1938 dated so it is close to date on Laufschutzer. Yes, people, let's help Tim to make his Laufschutzer look like it should. By the way, share pictures of Your tiny bits of camouflage on 1936 dated Layfschutzer[love]:peace:

Quote:

Originally Posted by timg (Post 8509852)
PZO.........or may I call you PZ ? :)

I have been trying to find convincing images of MG34 gear in 3 colour camo for about 6 years now on and off, I have only found Ammo boxes and Laffette pics. So getting an image is easier said than done :laugh:

Never ever have I seen a Laufshutzer in full 3 colour except for tiny bits on my 36 dated one and of course the MG13 Kit that you see for sale. Even then, some is a really gloss finish and others more Matt. Difficult to make a decision.

Any advanced or long term collectors out in the big wide world who have a diamond MG34 barrel carrier in Wiemar 3 colour camo in the collection, most indebted if you could get a couple of colour pics up to give me a bit of direction{help}


timg 08-12-2019 09:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi PZ,

With black and white pics you can sometimes see a tonal difference that can indicate a pattern, you just cant be sure which colour is which although the green is normally a darker tone.

I will post some pics on my options that I have but the differences can be quite large even with the same manufacturer.

single ammo can is BSW 1938 but quite gloss, and the double is BSW as well but very matt.

timg 08-12-2019 09:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
.....

Erdgelb is on the locking lever of my AA Driebien and a bit on the 36 Laufshutzer,

Only trace amounts but shows it was used. Barrel carrier is over painted with Norwegian green with field grey under


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com