Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Communications Equipment (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Welcome to the Communication Equipment Forum (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187083)

Yuri D. 11-09-2006 11:24 AM

Welcome to the Communication Equipment Forum

Welcome to the Communication Equipment Forum. This is a place where information is exchanged about both wireless and wired communication equipment used by both the Allies and the Axis powers during the period between 1933 and 1945. Radar and airplane guidance equipment should also be covered on this forum. The collecting community of communication equipment has become quite large, and is growing constantly. This forum is a place where both novice and advanced collectors can gain valuable knowledge which will help them avoid the many pitfalls of this very interesting hobby.

German radio technology in the pre-war and war-time period was a full 20 years ahead of all other countries. Even though quality of materials deteriorated as the war came to a close, the design and and construction of these sets maintained its integrity. What was the key to the superiority of German radio technology of that time? CERAMICS. German engineers of the Hescho Porcellain Fabrik, developed ceramic substrates with stable dielectric properties patented as Calit / Calan. The Lorenz Company introduced magnezium-aluminum die-cast techniques for chassis construction, which considerably improved the specifications of their new products. Hans Vogt invented low-loss iron dust-core materials. Construction became modular and sectional. The standard 19 inch rack was invented and used for the first time. The Köln E52 series of receivers were constructed with modules that plugged into a "motherboard". These and other amazing inventions were created by Germany during this period.

A note for folks researching market prices for their items. As the purpose of this forum is to expand our knowledge of the subject, seeking market prices does not contribute to this. Feel free to contact any of the long-standing members of the forum privately for their opinion on prices. You may or may not get an answer.

Mat Holloway 11-09-2006 03:38 PM

Great idea for the forum and the right guy in chargethumbsup

Kris 11-10-2006 02:35 AM

Great to see this new subforum !
It will be very interesting thumbsup

Beobachter 11-12-2006 03:45 AM

Hello

Hello,

I am also very happy with this new forum.

All the best

tom

Yuri D. 11-12-2006 04:38 AM

Tom,

It's great to have you here. We are all here to learn.

Yuri

Theodor 11-15-2006 02:07 PM

Great idea and a great forum, Yuri!!! thumbsup Don't have much to write here, but will read with a great interest! thumbsup thumbsup

Yuri D. 11-15-2006 07:03 PM

Theodor,

Great to have you here. You have always paid attention to communications threads before. This forum will open another world to the members of this site.

Yuri

Misi 11-21-2008 11:26 PM

I am happy for find this great forum.
In 1964 year, i had an Lorenz 15 watt PP station from radio klub , and next year i muss or buy,for an incredibly price,or back to radio club, and there ,more than much german radios.....in peises.
In next time, i collected only Wehrmachtgeraete....

Yuri D. 11-22-2008 01:32 AM

Welcome to our forum!!!

Yuri

Please visit my site at http://www.battlefrequencies.com

RADIOBUNKER 09-24-2009 11:59 AM

Looking for german Umformers

Hi Guys

I just got on this forum page, I too have interest in german radio sets, Im currently trying to get a 15ws sender parts needed to get it working, any one have any umformers forsale like U10, U15, U20, U30,need power supply for the receiver , also trying to locate the 9 pin connector plug for the set,front cover also. Fred

Jan7 09-24-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RADIOBUNKER (Post 3508306)
Hi Guys

I just got on this forum page, I too have interest in german radio sets, Im currently trying to get a 15ws sender parts needed to get it working, any one have any umformers forsale like U10, U15, U20, U30,need power supply for the receiver , also trying to locate the 9 pin connector plug for the set,front cover also. Fred

Welcome to the subforum and the WAF, Fred!

Jan.

cTapocTa 01-11-2010 04:11 PM

Hi everyone,
I`m new here. It`s a great and unigue forum. Look forward to learn more about this hobby.
Mikki.

Jan7 01-12-2010 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cTapocTa (Post 3752200)
Hi everyone,
I`m new here. It`s a great and unigue forum. Look forward to learn more about this hobby.
Mikki.

Welcome to the subforum and the WAF, cTapocTa!

Jan.

Joachim08 08-10-2010 01:27 PM

Hi everybody,

i am new to this forum. It looks as this forum is much more lively than any other WWII gear forum over here in Germany (if there is one.....)
Looking forward to exchange interesting things about the radios !

Regards from Germany

Joachim

charly 12-16-2010 04:37 AM

neebie at board

hello gentlemen's

i'm new , i living in france................sorrysmilewink

i'm reenactor in ww2 on the axis side.
and with a friend,we try to scratch-built a Torn.Fu.d2 for equiped my group.
the groupe present a german kompanie stab with the services (not first front line soldiers)
the original is too expensive.

thanks you all
charly

Komp6fjr2 07-02-2011 06:28 PM

Hello,
my Name is John Pyne
Im new to this forum, I have been reenacting and collecting for about 15years.
i'm getting a little to old to run around in the field, so i recently started a field communication impression. looking forward to everyone help and advice
thank you

John

Fe 26 07-11-2011 04:52 PM

I guess I do. I have my HAM license and collect anything audio or radio related. I also collect a few vehicles/parts.

Dimson 05-12-2012 02:14 PM

Hi, all.
My name is Vadim Shibirin.
I'm new in this forum, i'm live in Belarus.
I'm scale modeller in 1/35 scale, very interested in of communications and liaison threads.
Thank you
Best regards from Belarus

Vadim

flyman 09-04-2012 01:07 PM

new in this forum

Hi gents,

I am just joint this forum, because I'm interested by field communication, phone exactly.

It is very interesting to read post on this forum.

Regards,

Flyman

Faunzie78 07-09-2013 09:38 AM

Hullo

Hullo all,

I'm new to the forum. I have been collecting militaria for a number fo years and laterally took up re-enacting as an outlet to actullay use some of it. I'm primarily interested in German communications equipment.

Fantastic forum for information!

Regards

Faunzie78

SOT(D) 08-06-2013 09:27 PM

Not new, but....

Greetings,
I have tried this before, but did not get to far....I have four field phones, and want to get them all working. Some receive, some send, and so on. I need information on how to do system checks to determine what component is not working properly, and how to fix it.
Basic stuff for most, but still needed. I was given a link to a site, but could not get it loaded.. help!

And thanks,
Mike

2cmflak 10-17-2013 05:38 AM

Hello,

I'm 2cmflak and my favorite collectible is the flak and FF33 and accessories .

Thank you

weathersat 12-01-2013 01:31 AM

Hello to all... I am from Queensland Australia, and interested in all aspects of radio restoration, but highly interested in German WW2 equipment. I have
an E10aK, Ez6 and now a Telefunken E52a-1, an extremely rare receiver in Australia, which I am in the process of slow restoration. I am seeking others who can assist, I need a scan of the rainbow dial and the external case markings, as
well as general advice. I have so far restored the audio module and refitted the
variable BFO , the cut off shaft extension next in line. The receiver is completely stripped for case and main chassis clean and paint. I also need template for power supply hinged case cover (missing)and DF cover. As this is my first post I hope I got it right...
Thanks...Weathersat

miliman 12-03-2013 03:30 AM

Bonjour,ŕ tous allez voir le générateur de signal pour coffret de radio torn.fu.d2 http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/15117492...84.m1558.l2649

miliman 01-08-2014 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miliman (Post 6176293)
Bonjour,ŕ tous allez voir le générateur de signal pour coffret de radio torn.fu.d2 http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/15117492...84.m1558.l2649

jettez un oeil http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/15120378...84.m1558.l2649

oluja91 02-18-2014 12:51 PM

Hi all...I am happy for find this great forum. I like german radio . I am radio amateur from Croatia - 9a2us . I have colection old army radio and equipment . Look my web sites www.9a2us.com . bye...

Kris 02-18-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oluja91 (Post 6296309)
Hi all...I am happy for find this great forum. I like german radio . I am radio amateur from Croatia - 9a2us . I have colection old army radio and equipment . Look my web sites www.9a2us.com . bye...

Great and welcome !
on4dfr

oluja91 02-23-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris (Post 6296311)
Great and welcome !
on4dfr

Hi Kris... look my old army radio ( ex Yu army )
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1074594...7641357294933/

73 best DX

Kris 02-23-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oluja91 (Post 6304107)
Hi Kris... look my old army radio ( ex Yu army )
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1074594...7641357294933/

73 best DX

Wow nice equipment ! 73's.

JRAMERLIN 03-10-2014 10:48 PM

New member JRAMERLIN

Hello everyone
I'm new to the forum. I see that many of us like Communications during WWII. Greetings from Argentina
José - LU1KAK
Monteros-Tucumán
Argentina

Jan7 03-17-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRAMERLIN (Post 6328319)
Hello everyone
I'm new to the forum. I see that many of us like Communications during WWII. Greetings from Argentina
José - LU1KAK
Monteros-Tucumán
Argentina

Welcome to this subforum of WAF, my friend. How are you?

Enjoy whith the reading of the old threads, you will discover more treasures, I'm sure:bye:

From Spain,

Jan.

Elvalvulas 03-19-2018 02:48 PM

Hi all Again

Hi

I'll be back again after a few years of drought.I'll be posting pictures of my team soon.
Greetings from Spain from an amateur and collector of antique radios.
(I was logged in with another nickname and I don't even remember what it was, I'll have to look up my old messages....OMG).

Greetings/Saludos
Elvalvulas

Funksammler 03-31-2018 07:35 AM

Welcome to the subforum, we can certainly need some new (and old) people to keep things going. You can find information on most aspects of German WW2 communication on this forum, and even if it has not been discussed before I am sure there will be someone willing to help find the answers!

regards,

Funksammler

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvalvulas (Post 8118793)
Hi

I'll be back again after a few years of drought.I'll be posting pictures of my team soon.
Greetings from Spain from an amateur and collector of antique radios.
(I was logged in with another nickname and I don't even remember what it was, I'll have to look up my old messages....OMG).

Greetings/Saludos
Elvalvulas