Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Firearms Forum (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   W&P Show Purchases 2019 (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1012732)

timg 08-12-2019 09:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)

timg 08-12-2019 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As can be seen from this late 1930's model car, the Germans progressed from 3 colour camouflage..........back to 3 colour camouflage over a period of say 8-9 years of conflict.

And I reckon when you look from the first scheme to the second the tone of the colours are remarkably similar even if the actual painting of the scheme became a little more involved.

The picture is generic off the net, Manufacturers were Lineol or Elastolin. Many of the early equipment was produced by these guys 88's , Krup Protz 6Wheeler armoured cars and Mk1 Pnzr to name a few.

Regards

pzo 08-12-2019 11:52 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of my Rohrkasten Flak 30 box. Close examination indicates that base colour was green, oversprayed by yellow and mustard brown. Thank You Tim for posting pictures of tiny pieces of paint. They are important.thumbsup:peace:

pzo 08-12-2019 11:54 AM

4 Attachment(s)
More pictures.

timg 08-12-2019 01:59 PM

PZ,

Mmm, that large box of yours would match up to the single glossy ammo can that I pictured, same process was followed.

Whole can given a base coat of green with the other 2 colours over sprayed. Ive checked the matt can I have and that is the same so it looks to be common methodology for spraying the camouflage pattern.

I will most likely go down the slightly more glossy finish. Thanks for the pics, much appreciated.

me6_130 08-13-2019 02:14 AM

Gents! there's a party on and I was missing it!!!!!:laugh:

Nice items Tim. I agree with Patty and Pzo, a nice repaint would be better than that Yugo apple green. Lovely early items altogether.

-Another PT34!!!! It's in my list already, and pics filed. I had no HASAG 37 in my list. It went from 1935-36 to 1940-41 for HASAG. missing 37, 38 and 39, so you've filled a bit of the gap. It is curious, seems BSW only produced in 1937 and 38...so 1939 is still missing. Could you please confirm the WaA?

Carles

PS. I've got 41 PT34s in my list.

Petroleum 1 08-13-2019 07:07 AM

What are the German RLM numbers on those 3 colors??

timg 08-13-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petroleum 1 (Post 8510953)
What are the German RLM numbers on those 3 colors??

Hi their Petrolium,

I will drop a link at the bottom for a decent website with names etc and RAL number descriptions.

The problem is of course that the RAL numbers used pre war to not translate to modern RAL listings.

When I go in for my paint I will take the ammo can and look at the modern RAL cards and see if I can match up and get a set of modern numbers for record purposes.

Whilst it references vehicles on the site, small equipment and cases were included in the colour schemes. You see plenty of chests, mine cases etc with this scheme.

Website Below

https://panzerworld.com/german-armor-camouflage

Regards

Tim

timg 08-13-2019 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by me6_130 (Post 8510821)
Gents! there's a party on and I was missing it!!!!!:laugh:

Nice items Tim. I agree with Patty and Pzo, a nice repaint would be better than that Yugo apple green. Lovely early items altogether.

-Another PT34!!!! It's in my list already, and pics filed. I had no HASAG 37 in my list. It went from 1935-36 to 1940-41 for HASAG. missing 37, 38 and 39, so you've filled a bit of the gap. It is curious, seems BSW only produced in 1937 and 38...so 1939 is still missing. Could you please confirm the WaA?

Carles

PS. I've got 41 PT34s in my list.

Hi Carles,

41 on the list is quite impressive, but not many left when you consider how many must have been made!

I will speak to the guy who had them as he had 3 to see if they are new references for you.
What we need is for some bloke to find a few hundred carriers in a shed some place so we get a chance to get one!
Waffen pic below for record

me6_130 08-13-2019 02:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)
That's the exact WaA stamp I was expectingthumbsup

41 PT34 vs 191 DT15 + 5 PT13. Those are my present numbers.

Carriers? I've had several but couldn't keep them as I needed money for other things. Her's a couple of pics. That in first pics went to a friend. One in the other went to the Weald Fundation.

C.

timg 08-14-2019 12:59 PM

Re Carriers

Carles you madman.............you nearly gave me a heart attack when you said you had had several and got rid of them! I meant the trommeltrager 34 for the PT34 and you meant the top covers! :laugh:

Tell you what tho, you can spill the beans on the top cover with the large S/38 engraved on the lid, even the waffenampts look to be of better quality than normally seen. Whats the story on that one and can you remember the manufacturer? I have never seen one marked up like that.

PS....Just noticed the markings on the side but cant read them........Serial Number??

Regards

Tim

me6_130 08-14-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timg (Post 8511925)
Carles you madman.............you nearly gave me a heart attack when you said you had had several and got rid of them! I meant the trommeltrager 34 for the PT34 and you meant the top covers! :laugh:

Tell you what tho, you can spill the beans on the top cover with the large S/38 engraved on the lid, even the waffenampts look to be of better quality than normally seen. Whats the story on that one and can you remember the manufacturer? I have never seen one marked up like that.

PS....Just noticed the markings on the side but cant read them........Serial Number??

Regards

Tim

Soooorry Tim,

I confuse trager and halter :banghead:

As I mentioned to someone today, I was buying a lot that included that cover. I liked it but didn't have enough money to buy the total, so had to sell something. A friend wanted a cover but wouldn't take one of mine, as he wanted it with nice WaA stamps. I then offered him that one to come, and he liked it, so just as I got it I sent it to him. It looked very nice, perhaps finished by hand. Maker would be S/38 but haven't been able to find the name, and might have been produced in 1934 and serial number 0068. All markings were pantographed and not standard looking but, as the cover looked very early and possibly prototype?, I thought the markings were consistent with the item. Not a line production item but very well made so would fit well on an MG34 and smooth with th mag.

Carles

timg 08-25-2019 08:58 AM

refurb on carrier for barrell

2 Attachment(s)
Well, spent a bit of time in the garden doing some paint removing, v hot today and yesterday so a bit of spray painting and its done.

Needs to be dirtied down as its all a bit fresh, but once scruffed up should tone in nicely with the can and tripod.

timg 08-25-2019 09:07 AM

MG Snow shoes

1 Attachment(s)
Picked these up at the military show on Saturday. Came out of Finland as posted a short while ago.

Straps are present but are literally crumbling away in front of my eyes, not surprising really. More surprising that they are present.

Shoe looks the same as in Volk's book, however the strap arrangement is slightly different being two sets of buckle together as opposed to one loop and one buckle together as shown in the book.

Looks to be factory pressed and punched, but no evidence of any markings that I can see yet from a cursory view. Must measure the straps before they turn to dust !

timg 08-25-2019 09:16 AM

second pic with bipod

1 Attachment(s)

Pretty sure looking at the arrangement that one set of long straps will pass behind the leg and "through" the oval hole for latching the legs up to the base of the barrel. The other straps cross over the top and pull the foot firmly down.

No chance of folding the bipod with these fitted.

Regards