Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Communist Bloc Militaria (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Helmet ID (http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1032890)

AmericanPhoenix 02-05-2020 11:48 AM

Helmet ID
 
Hello everyone,

I've done a bunch of research on how to find out the year that my SSH-40 was made. Mine says P-2, CT-56. If I'm correct then that will mean the helmet was made in 1956. I don't know for sure because there are 2 other markings. 1 is a is a stamped black star with "46" in the middle of it and the other one is a faded black stamp in the middle of the shell. I was wondering if any of you kind and knowledgeable people could help me confirm my idea or correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
American

Marcel Banziger 02-05-2020 11:59 AM

It would help to post pictures of the helmet.

Komandir RKKA 02-05-2020 02:01 PM

Р-2 is its size (also could be P-1 and P-3).
CT-56 means issue of Stalingrad metallurgical plant 1956.
Number 46 in black star is a number of military controller.

AmericanPhoenix 02-05-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komandir RKKA (Post 8637050)
Р-2 is its size (also could be P-1 and P-3).
CT-56 means issue of Stalingrad metallurgical plant 1956.
Number 46 in black star is a number of military controller.

So how would I be able to find out what year is was made?

AmericanPhoenix 02-05-2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcel Banziger (Post 8636955)
It would help to post pictures of the helmet.

I'm currently in school so I don't have the helmet with me. I will post a picture when I get home

AmericanPhoenix 02-05-2020 06:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanPhoenix (Post 8637109)
I'm currently in school so I don't have the helmet with me. I will post a picture when I get home

Sorry for the messy desk. But yeah. The star says "46", one of them says "K-12" or backwards "21-k" idk, and lastly the "P-1 CT-56"

uscob 02-06-2020 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanPhoenix (Post 8637108)
So how would I be able to find out what year is was made?

Read Post 3 again.

AmericanPhoenix 02-06-2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscob (Post 8637442)
Read Post 3 again.

Please forgive me but I'm still confused. Are you saying that it was made in 1956? I read it as "Plant 1956" as the plant was named "Plant 1956". Sorry about this.

Komandir RKKA 02-06-2020 01:01 PM

1956 is date of issue.

Marcel Banziger 02-06-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanPhoenix (Post 8637666)
Please forgive me but I'm still confused. Are you saying that it was made in 1956? I read it as "Plant 1956" as the plant was named "Plant 1956". Sorry about this.

CT is Stalingrad Metallurgical plant which is the name of the plant, 56 is the year as said above.

Here's more info on helmets: http://soviet-helmets.com/About_Helmets.html


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Wehrmacht-Awards.com