|Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums Rules
All forum members should consider themselves as invited guests and participate accordingly.
All members agree, through the use of our services, to abide by the forum rules as detailed below.
Wehrmacht-Awards.com, through the website and forum, encourages a relaxed and respectful atmosphere to discuss German militaria from the Imperial and Word War II era in its forum. Topics include but are not limited to general awards/badges history, tinnies, firearms, helmets, personality items, Uniforms, and military units. Also acceptable are discussions on dealers, books, shows, and reproductions. As we are branching out into other militaria the discussions of other militaria themes as well as off topic dialog is perfectly acceptable under the headings of the appropriate forums.
Below are basic posting guidelines that the moderating team will be enforcing in order to achieve and maintain a professional and respectful atmosphere in our forums. These rules are here as a necesity, but they can be summed up in a short version, the golden rule;
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
The long version,
In order to use most of the features of this Bulletin Board you must first register. First time registration permits the new member access to all of the forums, save those reserved for association members (explained below).
II) Levels of Memberships –
There are two levels of membership;
A) Free Membership
- New Member – a registered member with less than 15 posts
- Member – a registered member with less than 100 posts
- Senior Member – A registered member with over 100 posts
B) Paid Membership ($25 anual fee).
- Association Member – A member of the Wehrmacht-Awards.com Association. Key privileges include posting pictures directly on the server, posting items for sale, and access to the Member’s Only forum.
- Lifetime Member – A lifetime member of the Wehrmacht-Awards.com Association. This level of membership is currently offered by invitation only.
III) Membership Requirements
1) E-mail Address - A valid email address is required for membership. Please be advised that if by chance you do not provide a valid email address your registration will not be validated and your account will not be approved. If you later change your e-mail address, you will be required to validate such. If your e-mail address becomes non-responsive after registration your forum membership account is subject to be deleted.
2) Appropriated Username – The use of aliases is strongly discouraged. If you have a very compelling reason to hide your complete name we ask the courtesy of your first name. This is a serious community, and as such we like to address each other by proper name. Registrations with inappropriate usernames will not be approved. Be aware that members that use aliases do not have the same rights as individuals who use their given names, and in many cases established members will not respond to a query from a member with a fake username. Failure to use an actual name may delay or impede your registration onto the forum.
IV) Posting Images
1) Posting of images on the Wehrmacht-Awards.com server may only be done only by Association members. Other members are welcomed to host their images elsewhere and link to them. Please keep images as small as possible by cropping to the area which you would like to highlight. Appropriate and conservative posting of images in topics and replies is welcomed. However, we encourage our members not to over do the posting of images that do not relate to the topic at hand.
2) Referring to images on other sites should be done so cautiously. Often the images are copyrighted and protected by that site. Copyrighted images are not to be included on this site site (except under the government guidelines of "fair use") without the express written permission of the owner of the copyrighted image(s).
V) Advertisement and for sale items
1) Items for sale are only to be posted on the e-stand. This can be accessed by becoming an Association member. Association membership is $20 annually and you may apply by going to www.wehrmacht-association.com. Please do not incorporate advertisement into your signatures.
2) Signatures - Members may not advertise or use web referral links to advertise for their respective e-commerce sites. We ask all of our members to refrain from using any non-approved type of referrals or web links in their signatures.
VI) Posting Conduct
1) While we encourage lively discussion, we will not tolerate personal attacks, disrespectful comments, or disingenuous remarks toward any person (including their contributions and posts on the forums) or any organization. Any person disparaging another forum member or organization in this regard, or violating forum rules and/or promoting any views that are not in harmony with the Code of Ethics or Mission Statement, may have their comments either edited or removed without notice. Any future incident thereafter may result in that member being permanently removed from the forum.
Note: Do not use your forum posting privileges to “rain on someone else’s parade.” We have over 200,000 topics and comments posted at this site. Many members are very enthusiastic about a number of personal issues. Please do not attempt to take away from their enjoyment and participation on the forums by posting disingenuous remarks.
VERY IMPORTANT...If you have a problem with a comment or actions in a posted thread, do not respond with any further comments that will aggravate or escalate the situation. Members who have a severe disagreement have two options of recourse:
A) Email the moderators, directing them to the individual and thread that the problem occurs in. At the bottom of every Reply is a special link titled "Report posts to the moderator".
B) Resolve the problem between both of you via private means. If the email/PM of the member is not available, then refer to the first option and request mediation.
Reacting to a disrespectful post with more disrespect puts YOU in jeopardy, and risks your forum membership account at being deleted.
If you have a complaint against one of the moderators or administrators, handle this in private email and not in the forum. Violating this procedure may result in your membership being removed
2. Members are to respect the designated TOPIC and CATEGORY AREAS when posting their comments. This includes off-topic and promotional comments that may be inappropriately posted in the wrong topic or forum. Those who post comments that do not relate to the category or thread/topic may have their comments closed, moved, or deleted without notice. Members who post portions of appropriate on-topic remarks mixed with off-topic remarks that appear to the Moderators to be a subterfuge to commandeer the topic toward a different subject not intended by the topic’s original author may also have their posts removed without notice. Continual inappropriate posting may lead to a suspension of forum privileges. Members should respect the discussion of a specific topic. Undermining a topic by posting a pattern of unrelated comments does not convey the necessary respect toward the topic author or other contributors.
3. Please do not post any profanity (harsh or mild). Do not type your messages in ALL CAPS, because ALL CAPS is considered SHOUTING. The forum search software retrieves more results from posts that are not typed in all CAPS. We want to keep the Forums presentable to guests and other members. Certain words that are posted are banned automatically by our software and substituted with a star (*) for each letter of the banned word.
The opinions and comments made in the posts written by our forum members and volunteer staff are the responsibility of the individual member. Wehrmacht-Awards.com assumes no responsibility of the content expressed or implied by its membership.
Forum rules & guidelines are not up for debate. While Wehrmacht-Awards.com is available worldwide in all democracies, the forum itself is not a democracy. Posting here is a privilige, not a right. Wehrmacht-Awards.com is a "private" forum. Although we encourage suggestions, improvements, and other comments, anyone openly debating the rules we have set in place may be removed without notice. If you are unsure how your comment may be received, please privately email email@example.com. At times the moderators may approve your email comments to be posted openly, depending on the nature of the concern or suggestion.
Wehrmacht-Awards.com is and will remain a community work in progress. Complaints that are emailed and respectful suggestions that are posted in the Technical Support forum usually lead to an improvement in the rules and guidelines. Complaints are always welcomed via private email so that we can take them seriously to help improve our community. But remember that "respect" while complaining to our staff will always be appreciated. Many members have contributed to the overall welcome feeling our forums have become known for.
Moderators of the forums are not to be openly and publicly argued with when enforcing forum rules and guidelines you agreed to. Anyone arguing with a Moderator in a forum may be removed from the forum without notice. Even though our volunteer Moderators have long hours invested in how to "manage" members, they are still not perfect people. Moderators can be likened to referees in a football match – the calls are made with the best intention in mind, and once the call has been made it is almost never reversed. Nevertheless, feel free to privately email any and all concerns to Sebastian Bianchi at firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to delete forum memberships if your conduct is detrimental to the forum, with or without prior warning.
You agree, through your use of this service, to abide by the forum rules. You agree that you will not use the Wehrmacht-Awards.com Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, disrespectful, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or that otherwise violates any law, forum rule, mission statement, or the spirit in which these rules were approved.
You agree not to use the email addresses, phone numbers, or private information of any member on the forum, or as a result of participating on the forum, for any other purpose than personal communication with that member, and further agree to abide by the Code of Ethics (as stated in this Agreement) in sustaining the principles of the Wehrmacht-Awards.com Forum without promoting any direct or indirect disrespect or harm to the organization, it's members or moderators.
We reserve the right to delete any message without cause and without warning. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless, the Wehrmacht-Awards.com Forum and their sponsors and agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).